Role: Business System Analyst Lead
Location: Portland, OR
Salary: Depends on experience
Must Haves: 5+ years of experience as a BSA; gathering reqs, design, and analysis, Agile/Scrum Methodology experience, creating system documentation, and being able to identify solutions!
What you will be doing:
- Lead Agile ceremonies for development teams, including daily scrum and sprint planning.
- Train others to develop functional requirements for new and existing processes, create new requirements templates.
- Perform QA on processes and reports that have been built by developers; improve QA process and documentation.
- Lead management and organization of the inbound request queue; communicate status with stakeholders and prioritize requests.
- Manage request backlog, assignments and completion; identify blocked items and assist in removing blockers.
- Facilitate collaboration with diverse groups and individuals; effectively develop, manage and maintain customer relationships at all organizational levels; engage senior leaders as a thought partner on an occasional basis.
- Translate routine to complex information requests from internal customers involving some level of ambiguity into actionable tasks for analysts and/or developers; assist others in developing these skills.
- Gather and document business requirements, business methodologies, systems flow, data flow and functional system design.
- Perform existing system analysis and new systems design; represent business units for projects and implementations.
- Prioritize work for others based on multiple and sometimes competing objectives.
- Provide project status reports as required; interface with analysts and developers for data and programming needs.
- Maintain and project quality monitoring and improvement processes.
Are you experienced being a mentor to others?
- In partnership with upper-level management, you will provide leadership to BSA staff through assigning and overseeing daily work; establish priorities for competing needs.
- Coordinate tasks between BSA team and other departments.
- Participate in hiring others on the team!
- Ability to independently gather, compile and analyze data
- Skills in researching advanced technical problems and identifying solutions
- Skills in creating and maintaining effective system documentation
- Strong understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology
- Working knowledge/skills of Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong communication skills, including listening, verbal, written, customer service, meeting facilitation, and presentations
- Ability to clearly articulate policies, instructions, goals, and objectives
- Able to convey the appropriate level of detail effectively to all levels of the organization including non-technical staff
- Ability to create policies, document risks, and propose solutions to information technology management and senior leadership
- Possess a high degree of initiative and motivation! Woot!
- Ability to effectively collaborate with different departments!