One of our Technology clients is looking for a Quality Engineer with experience in performance testing:
This is located at Sandiego, But the client is open for considering remote candidates as well
What you get to do in this role:
- We are looking for an experienced performance engineer with a proven track record of creating technologies and tools for measuring the performance and scalability of complex systems.
- Working with key members of our Cloud Development and Service Operations teams, you will focus on supporting our platform to meet the growing needs of our largest customers.
- The ideal candidate for this position is a software engineer with a strong background in web application benchmarking, test automation, performance analysis, and capacity management.
- The candidate must have a passion for building and applying tools that measure the characteristics of complex systems running under dynamic, real-world loads.
- You will work in a fast-paced, innovative environment that allows direct influence on the organization and our most important customers.
- In this role, you will create infrastructure, automation, and tools that drive realistic loads against the core services of our platform.
- You will also enable peers in engineering, customer support, and cloud teams to leverage our tools to provide related services.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
• 3+ years of experience in Quality Engineering, Performance Engineering, and/or Tools Development teams for the Enterprise
• 3+ years of experience testing large scale web-based distributed applications on containers such as Apache/Tomcat, JBoss, Web Logic, and Web Sphere in a Linux production environment running MySQL and Oracle
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot difficult technical issues
• Ability to work with development teams to develop test cases, deploy and report on product performance, quality, security and stability
• Proven Linux skills: including script development, file system management, searching/finding files
• Desire to seek continuous improvement in the quality assurance processes to drive better quality and efficiency
• Solid understanding of job control and direct experience with shell scripting and text processing (e.g. awk, sed, perl)
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an aptitude and passion for learning new technologies
• Candidate must be a good team player with solid attention to detail, and the ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
• BS/MS Degree in Computer Science with solid experience developing and deploying mission critical software
Strongly Desired (More is Better):
• Deep knowledge and experience with the CentOS/RedHat operating system in large-scale production environments
• Background with test and server monitoring tools (e.g. App Dynamics, Splunk, New Relic)
• Solid background with agile software development methodologies (e.g. scrum)
• Familiarity with the ServiceNow platform, including the development of customizations beyond out-of-box
• Experience with concurrency, multithreading, and the deployment of distributed system architectures
• Understanding of database schemas, table spaces, indexing, and performance optimization techniques
MS/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
We put our Ambassadors first. When it comes down to it, we know we can’t fulfill our promise to our business customers without your commitment. You represent our organization while on assignment. In return, we do our best to show our commitment to you. Our Ambassador Benefits package includes Medical, dental and vision coverage. It also includes 401k, sick time, holiday, and much more. We are an equal opportunity employer.