Job Title: CAD Designer
Location: San Carlos, CA
Duration: Temp to hire
Skills / Responsibilities:
· Design Layouts of mechanical features of electrical transformers. Verify other designers' details and layouts for accuracy and compliance with customer specifications.
· Responsible for design and drawings of all products utilizing the exercise of discretion and independent judgment based upon education and experience.
· Assist with shop problems and ordering of parts as needed
Prepare special reports as required. Detail assemblies, complete with bill of material and drawings.
Prepare customer outlines and nameplate drawings.
Work on other assignments as directed by the Mechanical Design Manager or Engineering Manager.
· Check layouts & detailed drawings of other Designers.
· Generate 3D and 2D CAD drawings using Inventor and AutoCAD for production.
· EQUIPMENT USED: AutoDesk Inventor is preferred. Knowledge of spreadsheets and AutoCAD is helpful.
BS Degree in Engineering or four (4) years minimum equivalent experience in a transformer.