- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or in Business with an emphasis in Accounting) from an accredited college or university
- CPA certification or candidacy would be beneficial
- 3 - 5 years of post-graduate tax or accounting experience is preferred
- Proven success in managing staff and projects
- Track record of high performance work
Senior Tax Accountant Job Duties :
- Files federal , state, and local tax documents by preparing property tax returns, state pages, and federal, state, and municipal returns, extensions, and quarterly payments.
- Prepares tax provision schedules by reviewing, preparing, and consolidating provision schedules.
- Recommends tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues.
- Maintains legislative materials by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws.
- Maintains compliance with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local authorities.
- Revises procedures by developing and streamlining procedures and worksheets for calculation of tax provisions.
- Identifies profitability of potential mergers and acquisitions by analyzing tax information; calculating key ratios; identifying areas of tax savings.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Excellent opportunity for growth and partnership.