- Client Overview: We exist to help small businesses achieve their potential. Our focus on empowering small
business owners stems from accounting expertise and financial analysis, but has a huge emphasis on both
company and insdustry-level analytics. We provide a cloud-based financial infrastructure to our clients
including payroll, bookkeeping, industry analytics, and tax services. Operating through the cloud for our
clients, Our staff work primarily on premises in our Bethesda, MD location. The right individual will
join a team tasked with working for customers, ensuring their financial statements are accurate and on-time.
- Must Haves: CPA for at less 2 to 3 years, bachelors degree in business or accounting, business and personal tax experience, great customers service skills, technology proficient, detailed oriented and HUNGRY
- Software: QuickBooks, Xero, Pro Series, Gusto and ADP
- Interview Process: Phone screen then in-person interview
This role is considered to be a professional role. It is in downtown Bethesda, Maryland. We are seeking a
self-motivated individual, an independent thinker, and highly energetic. This is a busy environment where
client satisfaction is paramount. Client interaction occurs on a daily basis either through email or phone.
1. Critical thinking and problem solving skills are a must. The right individual will have four primary
areas of focus:
1. Take full responsibility for all assigned customer relationships
2. Review customer financial statements prepared by others to ensure accuracy and develop a
plan to resolve any issues, either directly or through mentorship of junior staff
3. Prepare and file all assigned business and personal tax returns for customers
2. Provide relevant insights to the customer as it relates to their business - both current and future
3. Manage customer relationships to include proactive written and oral communication, ensuring all
customer needs are met in a timely manner
4. Work with team members to oversee (and perhaps perform) month-end close process in time for the
automated monthly financial reporting
Bachelors degree in business or accounting.
Certified Public Accountant a must
Individual must be technology able and proficient.
Advanced knowledge of Accounting Systems (QuickBooks, Xero, Gusto, ADP, etc.)
Possess 3 years experience in an accounting environment.
CPA license a necessity
Very accurate and detail oriented with strong math skills
Proven superior organizational skills, ability to establish priorities, and ability to multi-task under
Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
Highest standards of ethics and discretion with prior experience handling confidential information
Proven ability to exercise independent judgment and work with limited supervision
Relentless pursuit of accuracy and quality
Competitive. Individuals are compensated commensurate with productivity. This means that salary is
ascending as the individual progresses in productivity and performance. Work hours will be increased as
work load increases.
Benefits: Without our team members, our mission would simply be an idea. We recognize and value this
contribution, and believe in showing our appreciation to our growing team.
A can't beat it PTO policy: Unlimited PTO. Don't abuse it - but if you can get your work done and
meet your requirements then who are we to tell you not to take some necessary relaxation time!
Top-of-the-Line Medical Benefits: Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision plans available.
Retirement Benefits: 401 (k) plan with company matching
Social: Building a close team is important to us, so bringing everyone together to celebrate and
socialize is important to us.
We are a cloud-based accounting and financial analytics firm designed specifically for insurance
agents. Our platform provides a one-stop financial infrastructure including accounting, payroll, business
analytics and peer bench marking.
Our mission is to help make insurance agents better business owners. We strive to accomplish this in 3
1. We start with best-in-class financial technology. We bring agents up on a platform that includes
accounting, payroll, and business analytics all in one place and managed by a dedicated accountant.
2. We compare the agency's financial performance against others within the insurance industry. Knowing
how well agents are doing compared to the agent down the street or the agent in another state is
valuable information to know how to make impactful decisions for their agency.
3. We aim to increase our customers' financial education with newsletters focused on financial tips and
business insights. Having a ton of data is great - but they have to know what to do with it to make it
We're a startup accounting firm with Partners and Employees that are excited about how the advancements
in accounting technology can transform small businesses. We're an entrepreneurial, agile, and fun group – come join our team!