Ledgent Finance and Accounting is part of the Roth Staffing family of Companies, which is one of the largest, privately held staffing companies in the country, with locations across the country. We are proud of being the only staffing company recognized with all industry's top awards for - The Best Staffing Firm to Work for, The Best Staffing Firm to Temp for and the Best in Client Service. We get to create remarkable experiences every day. We are just a different kind of company!
Ledgent is seeking an Accountant to join our client's team in Tigard! This position will focus on processing Sales and Use tax for the company. Sales and Use Tax experience is not required as they are willing to train on the process. This is a temporary to hire role for the right candidate. This is an immediate need that would start as soon as next week! The company offers competitive pay and a great benefits package upon hire.
- Prepare sales and use tax returns including monitoring and verifying reports for accuracy
- Process check requests and EFT payments
- Reconcile sales tax GL account for each state
- Respond to inquires from state agencies regarding tax returns, tax payments and credits
- File annual state lands report
- Research and setup new jurisdictions, including global tax jurisdictions (GST/VAT)
- Gather information and produce reports for state audits
- Monitor tax resale certificate and sales tax exemption files
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Strong technical skills, including accounting software/ERP experience and Excel
- High attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
If you would like to be considered for this position please send your resume to email@example.com