Ledesma & Meyer Construction Company Inc. in Rancho Cucamonga, CA is looking to hire full time Construction Superintendents.
Minimum of 5 years of California public school construction experience.
Applicants must be readily proficient with Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook at a minimum.
A positive collaborative personality, good written and oral communication skills, strong personal morals & values, and a motivated work ethic is a must.
Experience with Primavera P6 and Prolog is strongly encouraged.
An integrated well-rounded knowledge of construction coordination & scheduling, construction document interpretation
Qualified applicants considered for employment must pass a Department of Justice fingerprint live scan background check with zero negative information.
- Reviewing contract drawings, specifications, and addendum's.
- Inspecting work performed by contractors for compliance with contract documents and all applicable codes and reference standards.
- Takes lead on productivity issues and monitors work performance and productivity of company employees and subcontractors to ensure project plans and schedules are followed and project is executed effectively and within budget.
- Advise senior level management of potential problems, work interference or schedule difficulties, while assisting in circumventing or mitigating such conflicts. Provide assistance to involved contractors in resolving problems,
- Major contributor to development of a thoughtful project pre-plan which includes a work sequences, manpower utilization, material handling and storage requirements and equipment use.
- Interfaces with owner, architect and design professional to ensure compliance to design intent and owner satisfaction. Facilitates discovery and correction of contract document "errors and omissions" and problem solving so as to reduce the construction costs.
- Monitoring contractors' project schedules and alerting Project Manager of delays.
- Facilitating and cooperating with the Local Authority having jurisdiction.
- Monitoring all code-required testing e.g. "Special Inspections" required by applicable codes and report any issues to Project Management.
- Overseeing and expediting the submittal process throughout the trades on site.
- Conducting safety inspections and notifying the Project Manager of any potential dangers.
- Attending project construction meeting and oversee subcontractor coordination meetings.
- Use current construction management system to perform record-keeping tasks including, composing diaries, maintaining project logs and retrieving RFI's, submittal logs and agreements.
- Provide liaison between project management, field engineering and specialty contractors to ensure construction compiles with plans, specifications and company quality standards and that the project be completed on time and within budget.
- Perform additional assignments as directed by super or as required for successful project completion.