- Inspect, test, commission, diagnose and repair natural gas power generators, electric-diesel power generators, power transfer switches, paralleling switchgear, and industrial diesel powered machinery electrical, mechanical, and hydraulics related systems.
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, maintain, overhaul, fuel, and adjust a variety of industrial diesel engines, gaseous fueled engines, alternators, motors, heavy-duty machinery, AC generators, controllers, and monitoring systems.
- Perform regulatory inspections and load bank testing of power generation systems; identify safety hazards and make necessary repairs and adjustments to assure safe operation of associated equipment.
- Perform major engine overhauls and rebuilding of industrial diesel engines and industrial machinery.
- Perform light metal fabrication involving the use gas and electric welders.
- Safely operate and maintain a variety of hand and power tools and diagnostic equipment.
- Order needed parts and supplies.
- Maintain complete and accurate computerized and/or written records of time, materials, parts and work performed on assigned projects.
- Provide work direction and guidance to assigned workers and ensure that work is performed consistent with established company standards.
- Communicate clearly and work cooperatively with customers, supply vendors, manufacturer representatives, product engineers, and technical support.
- Properly maintain and operate company vehicles and rental equipment.
- Work safely and cooperatively with coworkers and customers.
- Maintain a clean in-shop work area and properly maintain assigned company vehicles.
- Attend both local and out-of-state training and safety courses.
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal laws governing safety, discrimination and hostile free work environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Position demands performing heavy manual labor, including lifting/moving objects weighing up to 75 pounds and working in awkward positions under and around engines and associated equipment.
- Typical operation of associated equipment during repair and maintenance are subject to noise and potentially hazardous materials and solvents.
- Shall be required to work on projects both in shop and outdoors away from shop.
- Shall be required to work day, evening, and swing shifts.
- Qualified service and technical staff will be required to be on-call for 24 hour mobile services.
- Adhere to company uniform, protective gear, and grooming policies.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- Possess compliment of personally owned hand, diagnostic, and power tools needed to perform all basic job requirements.
- 5+ years experience in the power generation, heavy equipment repair, and/ or electric diesel power sector is desirable.
- Must possess knowledge and experience with building electrical systems, switchgear devices, reading electrical drawings, and using electrical testing equipment.
- Completion of a recognized equipment repair, power generation, electrician or electric diesel apprenticeship in ASCO, CAT, Cummins, Volvo Penta, or Kohler Power is desirable.
- Must be able to problem solve and have the ability to determine technical solutions for customers. Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must maintain computer proficiency in using computer diagnostic software and Microsoft Office applications.
- Must maintain a Valid CA Driver’s License at all times as a condition of employment. A current DMV record check shall be required prior to offer of employment.
- Employees shall be required to adhere to a ZERO TOLERANCE drug use policy as a condition of employment.
Leddy Power Systems, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMPENSATION: TBD, Based on work experience and certifications.