Probate Estate & Trust Administrative Paralegal
- Expired: July 08, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Ledbetter Law Group
At Ledbetter Law Group, our boutique law firm focuses on helping clients with their estate planning, real estate, and estate/trust administration needs. We work hand-in-hand with our clients in providing them with a detailed process to ensure that their estate planning carries out their goals. We want our clients to experience ultimate satisfaction and peace of mind.
We're searching for a paralegal with experience handling probate and trust administration cases to join our team.
We value our staff and offer the following:
- Quarterly bonus (discretionary)
- Stipend for health benefits (working on a group plan or alternative)
- Simple IRA with employer annual 3% match
- 16 days PTO
- 10 paid holidays
- Flexible hours
- Free parking
- Team building activities
- Regular team meetings
- Team lunches
- CLE and notary paid
Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 2+ years of experience specifically in estate and trust administration work, is energetic, service-oriented, reliable, well-organized, precise, detail-oriented, highly ethical, and hardworking. Someone who has worked in a bank trust department is also encouraged to apply.
Compensation commensurate with experience - applicable range: $52,000-$75,000/year
To apply for this position, please submit a detailed resume as well as a cover letter telling us why you are searching for a new position, why you are the best fit for our firm, and your salary expectations, as well as completing the DISC assessment.
Emails, phone calls, or in-person applications will not be considered. No agencies, please.
Full-time (part-time considered in the right scenario).
After 90 days probationary period, possibilities for some remote work.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing letters, pleadings, and other legal documents
- Communication with clients
- Working with the County Clerk's office and communicating with Judicial Assistants
- Maintaining correspondence with clients and other involved parties
- Performing various administrative tasks required to organize and maintain files (copying, scanning, faxing, etc.)
- Creating annual accountings
- Accurately entering billable time
- Managing a caseload of open files
- Attendance at firm events, such as client appreciation, and team building activities
- Work closely with personal representatives and trustees
The candidate hired will work directly with lead paralegal and/or supervising legal counsel.
- Possess the ability to work independently, prioritize, and completes assigned work in a timely manner
- Have excellent organizational skills
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Are organized, detail-oriented, able to work independently but as a team member
- Are extremely proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe PDF software
- Proficient in Practice Panther client management software
- Possess strong written and verbal communications skills
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Have familiarity with timekeeping software and experience working in a law office
- Have experience in working with probate as well as trust administration or real estate
- Must understand time management
- 2 to 5 years experience but willing to train the right candidate
- Paralegal certificate is a plus!
- Background check and references required
$52,000 - $75,000 yearly
About Ledbetter Law Group
At Ledbetter Law Group we value and protect the culture of our firm. Joining the Ledbetter Law Group team is about more than just clients, documents and legal work. We value each other and enjoy the people with whom we work.
Ledbetter Law Group
LegalView all jobs at Ledbetter Law Group