Lebanon Equine Clinic is seeking a Practice Manager! The Practice Manager is the financial and operational leader of the veterinary hospital. This position works together with the Lead Veterinarian, Associate Veterinarians, Technicians, and CSR team to ensure efficient day-to-day operations, successful financial performance, and outstanding client experiences. The Practice Manager leads by example to motivate and inspire the team to provide an excellent experience for our clients and their pets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administrate all human resource functions including staff recruitment, hiring, training, scheduling, performance evaluations, counseling, and terminations.
- Manage annual performance evaluations. Responsible for performance evaluations for supervised staff with the assistance of the department lead.
- Handle fair and consistent discipline to employees as necessary as well as all related documentation
- Develop, implement, and maintain Employee Safety and Disaster Plan procedures and manuals.
- Assure compliance with OSHA reporting logs and Workers’ Compensation programs.
- Distribute all necessary communication materials with staff, including policy changes, relevant information discussed at meetings, and client feedback.
- Complete all required paperwork for new employees. Maintain confidential employee and benefit files and update as needed.
- Oversee inventory purchasing and management within budget guidelines.
- Set protocols that support the best use of hospital supplies to minimize waste.
- Create and train controlled drug standards in accordance with the DEA regulations and with the input of the DEA licensing purchasing veterinarians in the hospital.
General Hospital Management
- Respond to client concerns in a timely and appropriate manner. Resolve medical client complaints in partnership with the Lead Veterinarian.
- Assure premises, plant and equipment are in safe, clean and optimum working condition, including the scheduling of regular maintenance.
- Assure compliance with all regulatory issues including radiation monitoring, business permits and licenses, and animal control ordinances.
- Be able to plan, market and coordinate the provision of health care educational and support programs (i.e. pet loss support group, puppy events, etc.)
- Maintain, and when necessary, amend client education handouts.
- Schedule and attend all required meetings, including staff meetings and the hospital leadership team meeting;follow up with memos and/or handouts.
- Oversee appointment scheduling to accommodate case loads and ensure client needs are being met.
- Administer the hospital’s patient reminder system.
- Monitor the hospital email.
- Manage the hospital practice management system.
- Complete additional hospital projects as assigned.
- Participate in the yearly budgeting process, monthly P&L reviews and discuss weekly financial reports with the lead doctor. Proactively monitor financial progress of hospital, analyze results, and adjust, if necessary, to ensure all budget goals are achieved.
- Carry out or delegate the end-of-day paperwork and deposits. Create accountability trail between front desk through to the bookkeeper for check and balance system.
- Submit capital expense requests per guidelines.
- Manage bi-weekly payroll process.
- Oversee daily cash and check deposits and manage local banking relationship.
- Minimum Associates degree
- 2-3 years of management experience in veterinary or human healthcare and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Equine experience is highly preferred!
Lebanon Equine ClinicLebanon, OH
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.