Sr. Cost Accountant Analyst
Leatherman Portland, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. is seeking a Sr. Cost Accountant Analyst for our world headquarters located in Portland, Oregon. Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 500 Team Members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
The successful candidate for the Sr. Cost Accountant Analyst will interpret and implement complex standard costs and inventory management for manufactured tools and purchased components. Responsible for ongoing analysis of cost variances, new product introductions or improvements, and margin analysis. Analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding new products or trends on existing material, labor, and overhead costs, and impact on inventory valuation. Support finance with monthly reporting, forecasting and annual budget process.
The ideal candidate must be able to:
- Review and analyze standard costs assigned to manufactured tools and purchased components.
- Responsible for annual standard cost roll based on material, labor and overhead budgets including recommendations for labor and overhead cost allocation rates.
- Support preparation and effectiveness of bill of materials and costing sheets with Operations and Product Development teams; including an understanding of routes and standard discreet manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for month end close entries, balance sheet audit, reserve analysis and inventory reconciliation; including WIP inventory reporting and inventory turns calculation.
- Report and understand variances and their causes; including spending and productivity variances. Develop and pursue root cause and continuous improvement process with operations.
- Analyze and report on monthly production vs. forecast/budget, standard margin, labor and overhead absorption.
- Ability to forecast and report key manufacturing metrics – costs, inventory, yields, variances.
- Support the annual budget process, integrating and rationalizing manufacturing departmental metrics to maximize the corporation’s likelihood of meeting the annual profit target. Monitor and analyze cost of goods sold financial performance, providing reports and recommendations to management.
- Work with the operations to locate and dispose of or sell obsolete or overstock inventory. Monitor and book reserve adjustments for obsolete or overstock inventory.
- Support fixed asset accounting, primarily ROI calculations and CAPEX retrospective analysis.
- Proactively identify business process gaps and opportunities for improvement within the cost accounting and inventory management cycles.
- Provide support to the New Product Introduction (NPI) process with product costing. Assist with estimates for new product costs as well as audit plan vs actual results post-project.
- Key player for ERP implementation project. Develop and execute thorough cost accounting and inventory module system setup and testing scenarios with documentation. Assist in developing integrated testing techniques, system accuracy validations, reporting enhancements, best practice procedural updates, and documenting the procedures/results.
- Keep abreast of related industry practices, trends and events via research, news sources, conferences, and continued training/personal development.
- Provide back-up support to other Finance team staff members as required.
- Action Oriented – Take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Collaborates – Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively – Develop and deliver a variety of communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Customer focus – Build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions.
- Ensures accountability – Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Financial acumen – Interpret and apply understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Instills trust – Gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Manages ambiguity – Operate effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear.
- Manages complexity – Make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Optimizes work processes – Know the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Self-development – Actively seek new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- Strategic mindset – See ahead to future possibilities and translate them into breakthrough strategies.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; MBA preferred.
- Five years of strong cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment is required; utilizing standard costing is preferred.
- Strong skills at building relationships with various levels in an organization. Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative with limited direction.
- Effectively problem solve, prioritize, and follow through on tasks and projects.
- Advanced Excel and Access skills is a must – using complex formulas (e.g. Vlookup, Hlookup, If statements), pivot table, macros, modeling, etc.
- High level ERP and system experience is required; Knowledge of AX, SQL and BI tools are a plus.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions/Physical Hazards: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently sit; use hands to handle, grasp, or keyboard; and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally lifts up to 20 lbs.; stands or walks; climbs; stoops, kneels, crouches; pushes/pulls; and talks and hears. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee regularly works in an office environment, and occasionally exposed to production environment. Work area is well lit and air conditioned.
To Apply: At Leatherman, we are also interested in how you think, behave, and integrate. With this in mind, please give extra consideration and time to each question when you apply thru our online applicant module. You will want to allow yourself 20-30 minutes; we do consider this a key part of our selection process. Please attach a resume and watch your email for upcoming communication(s) and information.
Excellent Benefit Package: Competitive Compensation, Bonus Plan with Performance Multiplier, 401k Employer Match up to 5%, Onsite Health Clinic, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Award Winning Wellness Program, PTO, 10 Paid Holidays, On-Premise Gym, Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth with Educational Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discount on Products. Come be part of the Leatherman Team. Leave nothing undone . . . . Including your career!
Core Values: We thrill our consumers with quality, products, and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential
Pre-employment background check and drug screening is required. Equal Opportunity Employer.
After spending his childhood in Oregon, Tim Leatherman stayed local and received his BS in Mechanical Engineering from Oregon State University. A low-budget, post-college trip abroad, which included many fix-it situations, convinced Tim of the need for a pliers based multi-purpose tool.
Once back home in the states, Tim set to work developing his idea. On July 5, 1983 Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. was officially incorporated based on a few simple principles: manufacture quality products that deliver excellent value to the consumer while providing good, living-wage jobs to the local workforce. More than thirty years later we are still going strong in the U.S., in our home town of Portland, Oregon.
Every multi-tool and knife we make is crafted by one of the 600 Oregonians who call Leatherman a great place to work, and we stand behind our products with a no-questions-asked 25 year warranty. When asked about the company's devotion to quality, Tim always replies, it has to be perfect; my name is on every tool.
We are proud to live and work in the USA and it shows in every original multi-tool and knife we make. Leatherman. Leave nothing undone.
LeathermanWhy Work Here?
No matter how you define your real life, a Leatherman equips & prepares you for the everyday adventure or the unexpected challenge. Join us!
Out here in Oregon, we are used to getting things done, you could call it our pioneering spirit. It's why Leatherman Tool Group is proud to support U.S. workers who, just like our founder Tim Leatherman, are dedicated to the quality craftsmanship that goes into each of our original American multi-tools. After spending his childhood in Oregon, Tim Leatherman stayed local and received his BS in Mechanical Engineering from Oregon State University. A low-budget, post-college trip abroad, which included many fix-it situations, convinced Tim of the need for a pliers based multi-purpose tool. Once back home in the states, Tim set to work developing his idea. On July 5, 1983 Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. was officially incorporated based on a few simple principles: manufacture quality products that deliver excellent value to the consumer while providing good, living-wage jobs to the local workforce. More than thirty years later we are still going strong in the U.S., in our home town of Portland, Oregon. Every multi-tool and knife we make is crafted by one of the 600 Oregonians who call Leatherman a great place to work, and we stand behind our products with a no-questions-asked 25 year warranty. When asked about the company's devotion to quality, Tim always replies, it has to be perfect; my name is on every tool. We are proud to live and work in the USA and it shows in every original multi-tool and knife we make. Leatherman. Leave nothing undone.