Leatherman Portland, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
When Tim Leatherman built the first American multipurpose tool, there were no CAD files, no blueprints. Just perseverance, imagination, and a little ingenuity. The result is a product that customers around the world have come to trust and use to solve problems big and small. That same spirit flows through our company today. It’s a place where you can help create solutions that improve the lives of our consumers and our communities. Where you can work with amazing folks that care for each other, learn from one another, and laugh—a lot. It’s a place where you can help build a better brand, and a better you.
We believe we are here to empower people for whatever life throws their way. Regardless of who you are, we believe that with the right tools in hand, anyone can achieve greatness. We believe we can make significant contributions to the world through innovation, so we value perseverance in our work and ingenious design in our products. We believe in growing and supporting our most valuable asset—our employees. That’s why we believe in integrity and authentic collaboration, which instills trust in one another and allows us to create global solutions that our competitors cannot copy. We believe in self honesty and humility which fuels change and growth from our failures. When we reflect these values, we believe we’re building a thriving culture that celebrates diversity, promotes personal and professional growth, develops respect for one another, and cultivates a community that can solve any problem.
Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 500 team members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Please visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
Facilitate the successful execution of manufacturing operations through aggressive management of material flow, machine scheduling, labor scheduling and exception management. Review and coordinate the timely movement and processing of materials through your assigned manufacturing processes all the while balancing the short-term production goals with the long-term inventory health. Identify and communicate requirements, priorities, and shortfalls in inventory with all levels of management in various departments to ensure a smooth and accurate flow of materials in support of the master production schedule (MPS). Take an active role in Kanban card management by working with the Capacity & Operations Engineer to ensure the appropriate number of cards exist in the loops, as well as verify all cards are active and available. Serve as a mentor to the Planner I’s and provide guidance to them in the absence of the Supervisor and Engineer.
- Ensure adequate material flow in work area.
- Review and analyze when production schedule are, or will be, behind schedule and communicate/ coordinate with appropriate support groups (Sourcing, Quality, Engineering) to meet scheduled commitments.
- Monitor and report on the status of upstream and downstream parts and pending shortages such as quality and supplier issues that impact production capabilities.
- Ensure downstream cells are supplied with parts on time.
- Shift machine priorities to facilitate builds as needed.
- Notify upstream processes of forecasted shortage problems.
- Ensure inventory tracking systems are followed.
- Provide input to improve on-time delivery of components.
- Investigate short falls in production output.
- Create and monitor production expectations and deliverables based on master production schedule.
- Prioritize production build according to MPS and set the rate of production for assembled parts to meet MPS commitments.
- Prevent over/under production and troubleshoot root causes of missed production targets.
- Set optimal inventory levels and loop sizes for value stream parts.
- Work with Capacity & Operations Engineer to evaluate cards.
- Have an in depth understanding of card levels in relation to MPS so increases/decreases in MPS are met with the corresponding moves in cards.
- Develop spreadsheets, charts and reports pertaining to production requirements, inventories, and/or schedule performance.
- Support cycle counts of components and assist production with reconciliation of variances. Record discrepancies and/or expands cycle counts to other areas for further review.
- Determine the value streams for part # (all possible paths/options) and their critical path to increase flow and minimize lead time.
- Represent the department in meetings as needed, such as weekly SIOP or the morning production meeting.
- Participate as required on special project teams to validate and improve data integrity in the manufacturing systems.
- Work on NPI and EOL projects.
- Serve as a mentor to Planner I’s in the department.
- Help facilitate the year end physical inventory process.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Management, Accounting or Statistics or combination of experience and education required.
· Minimum of 2 years Planning experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
· Fluent office and computer skills, including but not limited to, ERP systems (AX Dynamics preferred), MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word.
Leatherman Tool Group is committed to providing a total rewards package to our employees that is a multipurpose as our products. Our total rewards package includes competitive compensation along with medical, dental, vision, disability life insurance, PTO, and our Employee Assistance Program. The package also includes a generous bonus plan, employee discount on products, eligibility upon hire for 401k contributions with up to 5% match and immediate vesting. Here at Leatherman we also believe in investing in the wellbeing of our team members through offerings like 10 paid holidays, our on-site health center with nutrition classes, a gym, an outdoor basketball court, a pickle ball court and an award winning wellness program. And because your success is our success we offer our employees opportunities for career advancement and personal growth with our tuition reimbursement program, online classes through LinkedIn Learning, and our job shadow program.
We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential.
We create innovative products that prepare people for the expected and unexpected and result in real tales of triumph.
Our vision is to be the global multipurpose brand of choice.
Pre-employment background check and drug screening is required. Leatherman Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.
After spending his childhood in Oregon, Tim Leatherman stayed local and received his BS in Mechanical Engineering from Oregon State University. A low-budget, post-college trip abroad, which included many fix-it situations, convinced Tim of the need for a pliers based multi-purpose tool.
Once back home in the states, Tim set to work developing his idea. On July 5, 1983 Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. was officially incorporated based on a few simple principles: manufacture quality products that deliver excellent value to the consumer while providing good, living-wage jobs to the local workforce. More than thirty years later we are still going strong in the U.S., in our home town of Portland, Oregon.
Every multi-tool and knife we make is crafted by one of the 600 Oregonians who call Leatherman a great place to work, and we stand behind our products with a no-questions-asked 25 year warranty. When asked about the company's devotion to quality, Tim always replies, it has to be perfect; my name is on every tool.
We are proud to live and work in the USA and it shows in every original multi-tool and knife we make. Leatherman. Leave nothing undone.
LeathermanWhy Work Here?
No matter how you define your real life, a Leatherman equips & prepares you for the everyday adventure or the unexpected challenge. Join us!
Out here in Oregon, we are used to getting things done, you could call it our pioneering spirit. It's why Leatherman Tool Group is proud to support U.S. workers who, just like our founder Tim Leatherman, are dedicated to the quality craftsmanship that goes into each of our original American multi-tools. After spending his childhood in Oregon, Tim Leatherman stayed local and received his BS in Mechanical Engineering from Oregon State University. A low-budget, post-college trip abroad, which included many fix-it situations, convinced Tim of the need for a pliers based multi-purpose tool. Once back home in the states, Tim set to work developing his idea. On July 5, 1983 Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. was officially incorporated based on a few simple principles: manufacture quality products that deliver excellent value to the consumer while providing good, living-wage jobs to the local workforce. More than thirty years later we are still going strong in the U.S., in our home town of Portland, Oregon. Every multi-tool and knife we make is crafted by one of the 600 Oregonians who call Leatherman a great place to work, and we stand behind our products with a no-questions-asked 25 year warranty. When asked about the company's devotion to quality, Tim always replies, it has to be perfect; my name is on every tool. We are proud to live and work in the USA and it shows in every original multi-tool and knife we make. Leatherman. Leave nothing undone.
12106 NE Ainsworth CirclePortland, OR