Job Posting: Temporary Customer Service Representative 1, B2C
Duration of Temporary Assignment: About 6 Months - 1 Year
Shift: Monday-Friday 8 am-4:30 pm (open to cover a Saturday or Sunday shift to support team on occasion)
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. is seeking a Temporary Customer Service Representative 1, B2C for our world headquarters located in Portland, Oregon. Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 500 team members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
The successful candidate for our Temporary Customer Service Representative 1, B2C will provide customer service support to consumers. Review consumer inquiries, problems and initiate non-routine actions or solutions for repair, replacement, and returns guided by customer service policies. Answer and respond to phone/mail, email or chat inquiries from consumers in a professional, polite, helpful and timely manner.
- Respond to consumer inquiries about product information, order status, product returns, website navigation or warranty via phone, email, chat, and website.
- Support e-commerce by responding to consumers using the phone, mail, email, and/or chat function to assist with placing orders on the website, taking credit card information, providing order status, and processing returns.
- Respond to questions and claims from consumers or warranty department. Research warranty exceptions to resolve the problem and maintain information in SalesForce Warranty Database as well as customers’ data bases as needed.
- Evaluate questionable orders for potential fraud using tools and following guidelines and prevent those not meeting certain criteria from shipping
- Provide back up support for e-commerce web order upload.
- Send out spare parts to consumers as requested within Leatherman guidelines.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of current Leatherman tools, accessories and LED LENSER lights as well as retired and new products.
- Enter data into various Excel spreadsheets or ERP system.
- Distribute mail and maintain company mailboxes to include processing out-going mail with postage.
- Maintain records and files.
- Cover front desk receptionist duties as needed.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum one-two years of customer service experience in consumer goods industry preferred.
- Possess strong computer skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience using SalesForce or other CRM software helpful.
- Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English and basic math required. Ability to speak Spanish or other non-English language helpful.
- Excellent skills in interpersonal communication and teamwork.
- Ability to speak effectively with customers.
- Possess negotiation skills and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
Physical Demands/ Working Conditions/Physical Hazards: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently sit; use hands to handle, grasp, or keyboard; and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally lifts up to 20 lbs.; stands or walks; climbs; stoops, kneels or crouches; pushes/pulls; and talks and hears. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee regularly works in an office environment, and occasionally exposed to production environment. Work area is well lit and air-conditioned.
Please Note: This is a Temporary position. The Candidate selected for this opportunity will be hired on through Leatherman’s Onsite Temporary Staffing Partner. All Temporaries working on assignment at Leatherman get the first opportunity to apply for regular Leatherman job opportunities before outside candidates! We hired over 60 last year!
To Apply: At Leatherman, we are also interested in how you think, behave and integrate. With this in mind, please give extra consideration and time to each question when you apply thru our online applicant module. You will want to allow yourself 15-20 minutes, we do consider this a key part of our selection process. Please watch your email for upcoming communication(s) and information.
Core Values: We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential
Pre-employment background check, drug and alcohol screening is required. Equal Opportunity Employer.