Job Openings: Assembler Level 1
Current Shifts: (occasional additional day(s) and overtime expected to support business needs)
D1: Sunday – Wednesday, 4 am – 2:30 pm, D2: Wednesday – Saturday, 4 am – 2:30 pm
S1: Sunday – Wednesday, 2:30 pm – 1 am, S2: Wednesday - Saturday, 2:30 pm – 1 am
Starting Pay Rate: $14.00 per hour (with step pay increases if performing well at 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, for strong performers we have a career path to Assembler Level 2 & 3 with potential to earn up to $20 per hour)
Shift Differential Swing S1 & S2: An additional $0.50 cents per hour on top of base hourly wage
Retention Bonus: At 90 days of employment with good performance receive a $500 retention bonus, at 180 days of employment receive $1000 benefits & taxes may apply.
Education Reimbursement: The Company will reimburse tuition at 100% for classes directly related to the employee’s current position or career path, and for classes related to a position or field that the employee might progress into at Leatherman. Based on the IRS guidelines, employer-provided educational assistance is a tax-free program up to a $5,250 limit per calendar year.
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. is seeking Assemblers for our world headquarters located in Portland, Oregon. Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 500 Team Members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
The successful candidate for our Assembler position will perform a variety of assembly tasks for all Leatherman products in accordance with blue prints and required production goals.
· Perform various steps to complete assembly process, which includes but is not limited to placing components into subassemblies, applying lock tite into pins, driving screws into pins.
· Operate various assembly machines and or hand tools during the assembly process.
· Check and adjust tension of components and handles in sub-assemblies and finished tools using tension gauge.
· Inspect work for accuracy.
· Performs repairs of misassembled tools.
Experience and Education Requirements:
· Some experience in manufacturing environment helpful but not required.
· Basic inspection and measuring skills.
· Ability to effectively utilize basic shop math skills is preferred .
· Demonstrated skills in rate control once fully trained.
· Basic blueprint reading, computer skills and ability to read, comprehend basic English preferred.
· Ability to work in a team setting and maintain positive interpersonal communications with team members.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continually required to stand; walk; balance; use hands to finger, handle, grasp, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, some overhead. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs.; sit; climb; twist, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee regularly works in a production environment with regular exposure to noise, liquid grinding coolant mist and vapor, dust and lubricants managed through an exhaust system. Work area is well lit and air-conditioned.
Excellent Benefit Package: Competitive Compensation, Bonus Plan with Performance Multiplier, 401k Employer Match up to 5%, Onsite Health Clinic, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Award Winning Wellness Program, PTO, 10 Paid Holidays, On Premise Gym, Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth with Educational Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discount on Products. Come be part of the Leatherman Team. Leave nothing undone . . . . Including your career!
Core Values: We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential
Pre-employment background check and drug screening is required. Equal Opportunity Employer.