Technical Support Engineer Level 2
Leaseweb Grand Rapids, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Remote Position; however, you must be a resident in one of the following states to be eligible for the position. CA, WA, TX, AZ, FL, IL, MI, VA, TN, N.J
Do you have a passion for solving complex, technical issues for customers? Are you customer and result-oriented and a good communicator? Do you have extensive knowledge of the hosting and data center landscape? Are you persuasive, energetic, and have a get it done mentality? Then you should apply with us!
As a technical support engineer, your main task is to solve hardware and software problems independently through our ticket system or phone. Quickly, efficiently, and accurately. You are responsible for providing professional technical support as well as high customer satisfaction.
- Installation of various operating systems, for example, Linux and Windows Server
- Installation of various control panels, such as cPanel and Plesk
- Identification and resolution of hardware and problems
- Upgrade servers, such as software, operating system, and applications
- Remote coordination of replacements of various hardware components
- Configuration of various hardware components, such as servers, switches, PDUs
- Technical coordination and close collaboration with our Level 1 team, our local data center teams, network team, and advanced services team
- Preparation of technical documentation and reports
- Proactive monitoring and quality assurance
- Good knowledge of different operating systems such as Linux (CentOS/Ubuntu cli) and Windows Server
- Having obtained, or willing to obtain, an industry-standard Linux oriented certification (such as Red Hat or LPIC)
- ITIL basic knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of current IT hardware (servers, switches, firewalls, load balancers)
- Basic knowledge of network technology, especially server technology
- Knowledge of services like Apache, Postfix, and MySQL is preferred
- The structured approach combined with a careful, accurate, and result-oriented methodology, especially in problem analysis
- Excellent customer and service orientation combined with good communication, team skills, and social competence
- Available to work in shifts (the department operates in a 24/7 shift structure)
Work for Leaseweb and help make the internet’s heartbeat.
Leaseweb is a leading cloud-hosting provider that offers a broad range of products and services including, private cloud, dedicated servers, hybrid hosting, colocation, CDN, and cybersecurity. Working with companies ranging from SMBs to enterprises, Leaseweb has the flexibility, market knowledge, and technical expertise to provide the perfect balance of price and performance. The Leaseweb platform resides on one of the largest, most reliable networks in the world, boasting 10+ Tbps bandwidth capacity and 99.999% core uptime, low latency, and fast response time from top-tier data centers throughout the world.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + annual bonus
- The possibility to develop yourself and build your career
- Free Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Competitive time-off policy
- Flexible Spending Account for Dependent Care and Medical expenses
- 100% Match on 401k
- Free lunch, Starbucks coffee, fruit and snacks, gym discount, company parties, monthly happy hours, Foosball tournaments, and much, much more
- A great working environment in a dynamic, global, fast-growing organization
Want to learn more or apply?
Click on the apply button if you wish to apply directly. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The organization is not currently sponsoring work visas or transfers, including OPT or H1-B. Green Card holders or U.S. Citizens eligible for application. The organization is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressGrand Rapids, MI
TechnologyView all jobs at Leaseweb