Is music your passion? We are looking for experienced music teachers to address client demand on Learnivore.com for music teachers in the greater Boston area. Instruction is primarily in-person at either the client’s location, or the instructor’s studio, but we’re also seeing a lot more online requests through our video platform, and which accepted instructors may use with their current students as well. Whether you already teach privately or in a school and are simply looking for a few more students to round out your week, or are actively engaged with other pursuits but would like to keep music in your life both because you love it and to generate additional income, you are encouraged to apply.
Applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience with their respective instruments—degrees with a focus on pedagogy are a definite plus. Rates vary depending on the instructor and the client, but typically range between $40 and $150/hour. The higher end of the range tends to be instructors with significant teaching and professional experience, and lengthy educational pedigrees. While the lower part of the range tends to be instructors who have recently graduated with Bachelor’s degrees, and just started teaching—their students also tend to be more at the beginner levels.
• Knowledgeable and passionate about music and one or multiple instruments- piano, drums, voice, brass, low strings, viola, violin, woodwinds, guitar, etc.
• Playing or have played an instrument in high school or college.
• Able to travel to clients’ houses, and/or have a studio where you are able to offer lessons.
• Speak English fluently.
• Ideally, some private teaching experience.
· Willing to offer live online (private) sessions when requested (minimum connection speed, 6 MBPS download, 1 MBPS upload)
• Music experience (playing and teaching), and why you love sharing it with others.
• Your starting rate/
If you are a fit, we will contact you within the week with next steps. All applicants will receive a response (from a person).