VP of Human Resources
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Learning Without Tears (LWT): We are a mission driven, family owned company striving to provide the best education products, professional learning, and digital resources for educators, occupational therapists and children. Innovation and collaboration fuel us every day. We live our passion of helping children learn and grow.
Join our driven, dynamic team as we embrace change, excellence, and simplicity to make a difference in educators' and children's lives. LWT believes in diversity, equity & inclusion, and strives to create a culture of community, belonging and gratitude. Our employees bring a variety of experiences and perspectives that fuel our passion and innovation and drive our mission.
The Vice President of Human Resources is responsible for the design and execution of LWT human resources strategies that drive workforce development, engagement, and a culture and as a member of the senior leadership team, establishes long-range goals, strategies, objectives and key results, plans, and policies. Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Human Resources will help cultivate a great culture and allow for agility while scaling for growth, through compensation strategy, career development, performance management, and talent acquisition.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Develop and implement human resources plans and programs that align with the overall mission and strategy of the organization, resulting in innovative, best practices, and policies that service the full range of LWT HR needs and help build a high-performing culture of success, accountability, transparency, and collaboration.
- Directs human resources operations and initiatives including recruitment, compensation and benefits, employee relations, organizational and cultural development, performance management, and employee training and development planning.
- Develop, implement, and monitor group standards, guidelines, objectives and key results, and maintain other administrative processes such as planning, budgeting, and staffing to ensure efficient operation of the group.
- Hire, motivate, evaluate, and manage team, communicating clear expectations and performance feedback and providing coaching and mentoring to build an engaged, productive, and cohesive high-performance group.
- Inspire and lead the Human Resources team, define and designate teams' work and projects; coordinate and build synergies and collaboration where appropriate; facilitate integration and sharing of staff knowledge and efforts with others.
- As a strategic partner to members of the leadership team, provide insightful, innovative thinking, and problem solving on critical HR and strategic company issues.
- Progress the company culture with a focus on the core values and high performance culture and competencies, promoting a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are actively engaged; a partner and coach to others on promoting the same values.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory environment for proposed changes and potential impact to LWT; ensure compliance with all federal/state/local employment-related laws and regulations.
- Evaluate the competitiveness of LWT's total rewards strategies (compensation, benefits, rewards, recognition) relative to industry benchmarks and drive necessary changes.
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to attract and retain high performance employees and provide motivation, incentives, and rewards that foster an environment for efficient and effective performance.
- Manage, recommend, and create policies and procedures to reflect LWT's mission and culture.
- Facilitate personnel effectiveness and communication across a variety of groups, employees, and the HR team.
- Counsel, coach, and guide managers and staff in addressing concerns and complaints to assure fair and equitable treatment while ensuring compliance with labor regulations and practices.
- Develop and drive recruitment strategy to ensure the selection and retention of high performers.
- Create company strategic training and organizational development plan to meet personal, professional, and organizational employee needs.
- Continue improving the programs, policies, practices, and processes associated with meeting strategic and operational people issues of the organization.
Your Experience & Qualifications:
- B.A. or B.S. required (or significant equivalent work experience).
- 9+ years related experience in HR or related field.
- Significant leadership experience driving engaging and innovative human resources strategies, policies and practices.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws, rules, and regulations.
- PHR or SPHR preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, comfort communicating controversial subject matter.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at once while completing quality work on a timely basis and within frequent, tight, deadlines.
- Management and supervisory experience.
- Experience and comfort working with sensitive & confidential information; exceptional ethics and judgment.
- Ability to coach others to enhance their skills.
- Ability to inspire and guide a team
- Ability to work independently and effectively.
- Possess a big picture mentality.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in dealing with co-workers, comfort communicating controversial subject matter.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Expertise with MS Office (Excel intensive).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 8 trips per year.
Why Learning Without Tears:
Check out even more reasons why Learning Without Tears is a great place to work.
- Competitive benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, paid family leave, pet insurance, standing desks, flexible scheduling, and more!
- Fun happens with company picnics, health and wellness fairs, Turkey Fry, Yankee swap, pizza and happy hour Fridays, milestone and birthday celebrations, and other surprises!
Apply now at https://www.lwtears.com/join-our-team
Learning Without Tears is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Learning Without Tears
BusinessView all jobs at Learning Without Tears