Manager, Marketing Communication and Content
Learning Tree International Herndon, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
With a mix of creativity and attention to detail, you will apply the #1 golden rule of know the audience to adapt content for all digital channels and formats for optimal engagement. Personas are in your vocabulary.
Leveraging a content calendar combined with excellent copywriting, editorial and research skills, the successful candidate will apply three best practices to see words (yours or other people’s) come to life. You will create learning and development content that is:
- Generous – Not just free, but free content that is actionable (and therefore trusted).
- Valuable – If it looks like an ad, then it’s likely to “go straight to the trash”.
- Attracts the right people – Write for the human first, then make the content search engine-friendly.
What types of content assets will you be a champion of with us?
Instructor blogs, Webinars, Product Brochures, Podcasts, Infographics, eBooks, Position Papers, Case Studies, Sales Aids & Battlecards, Emails, Landing Pages, Social Cards, Press Releases, and Research Reports.
A Day in the Life (Essential Responsibilities):
- You work closely with the marketing and product development team to create content consistent with nurturing an effective journey [prospect >> customer>> repeat buyer].
- While you’re busy taking both a creative and data-driven approach to campaign set-up and execution, you will also manage a direct report responsible for product marketing and social media duties.
- You will grow and nurture the content library with speed, accuracy and accessibility (to the public, to the global sales teams, to our internal team).
- Bachelor’s degree or professional experience equivalent required
- 3-5 years of marketing communications experience, preferably in a global B2B setting.
- Content without copywriting (and editing skills) is a waste of content. Samples required to demonstrate ROI. A before/after is also a great way to visualize your contributions.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to set priorities and operate effectively in a fluid environment.
- Strong self-management, time management, attention to detail and follow-through skills.
- Technical Skills: Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, MS Office (emphasis on Excel and SharePoint) and Content Management System Tools.
- Virtual collaboration tools, such as Teams, are now an essential skill.
Key ‘Soft Skills’:
- You have a collaborative work style that helps you manage up and across cross-functional teams (and are not afraid to make decisions when absent direction/feedback, weighing deadlines against quality).
- You appreciate retrospectives to understand metrics that matter and help us optimize (know your customer)
- You smartly leverage productivity hacks and organizational tricks to keep calm in the face of heavy demand.
- You are an avid learner and seek upskilling from formal and informal channels, which then makes you fully vested in “selling the learning dream/outcome”.
- You make time for filling your cup, to help you show up as the best you for team effectiveness.
Learning Tree International
BusinessView all jobs at Learning Tree International