Senior Accounting Manager
Learning Jungle Toronto, ON
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Accounting Manager
Reports to: Director of Finance
Status: Full time, Regular
Location: Toronto, ON (Hybrid- onsite only when necessary, otherwise remote)
Work Hours: 40 hours/week
The Senior Accounting Manager maintains accounting practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. Reporting to the Director of Finance, this position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Senior Accounting Manager supervises and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the ASPE and IFRS financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Supports budget and forecasting activities
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions
- Responds to inquiries from the Director of Finance, Controller, Executive Management and other stakeholders regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like
- Works with the Controller and Director of Finance to ensure a clean and timely year end audit
- Provides training to new and existing staff as needed
- Supports Director and Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements
- Other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA designation or on track to obtain a designation in the near term
- Three to Five years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area
- Must have high proficiency in using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must have strong knowledge of accounting systems – Sage Intacct experience an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proven track-record of taking initiative in a rapidly growing company
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
WHAT WE OFFER!
- Reimbursement of professional dues
- Medical Benefits
- Flex Schedule
- Paid Sick Time
-Competitive time off
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Learning Jungle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally protected factors. Disability and medical-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request
Our employees are dedicated to improving the landscape of early childhood education through the delivery of quality education. We show up each day knowing that families entrust us to care for their children and we continually strive for the highest standards of educational child care.
We are driven to improve education through technology and continually supporting employee growth and development.
Learning Jungle's promise is to create a positive learning environment where children have a sense of belonging and well-being. We offer programs that encourage creativity, focus and engagement to support optimal development (social, emotional, language, cognitive and physical). Our employees are dedicated to improving the landscape of early childhood education through the delivery of quality education. We show up each day knowing that families entrust us to care for their children and we continually strive for the highest standards of educational child care. We are driven to improve education through technology and continually supporting employee growth and development.
Finance and Insurance