Early Childhood Assistant - Supply
Learning Jungle Etobicoke, ON
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Learning Jungle, we make an impact on young minds and help to build a better tomorrow for the next generation. We look for like-minded individuals who have a passion to make a difference in children’s lives through learning. We connect with our local communities by putting family first. Learning Jungle employees are committed to providing a safe learning environment, giving children a sense of belonging, achievement, and individuality while allowing parents to feel at ease and confident in the well-being of their family.
Join our team and make a difference in your community.
Reporting to the Center Supervisor, the ECA Supply Teacher will support the learning objectives of children and assist in creating and managing a variety of learning environments and activities that will provide opportunities for children to develop to their fullest potential.
Learning Jungle teachers work as a team with fellow staff to promote the interests of the children in particular and the school in general.
The successful candidate will be accountable for:
- Assist the Early Childhood Education (ECE) Teacher in planning and implementing the daily and weekly program plan
- Maintain a tidy, clean environment for the children
- Participate fully in routine care and responsibilities in relation to assigned children e.g. preparing and serving meals; guiding children in development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Assist in planning and preparing the learning environment, setting up the centre and preparing needed materials and supplies.
- Work as a team with other Teachers and Teacher’s Assistant in the assigned classroom so that duties are shared
- Work as team member in the daily operations of the Centre’s activities
- Responsible for effective and practical care of all equipment, toys and supplies
- Prepare and maintain a safe, clean, stimulating environment for children in the assigned classroom.
- Attend staff meetings and recommended training programs and conferences
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/skills:
- Professional experience in dealing with young children
- Demonstrated understanding of and love for young children and enthusiasm for helping to maintain a happy, creative atmosphere in the classroom
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid Standard First Aid Certificate including Infant and child CPR
- Health Check
- An Early Childhood Education Assistant diploma and/or knowledge of Child Care and Early Years Act is considered an asset
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Learning Jungle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Our employees are dedicated to improving the landscape of early childhood education through the delivery of quality education. We show up each day knowing that families entrust us to care for their children and we continually strive for the highest standards of educational child care.
We are driven to improve education through technology and continually supporting employee growth and development.
Learning JungleWhy Work Here?
What We Offer! 401k with employer match Benefits 50% off childcare fees Company Van, Tools included
Learning Jungle's promise is to create a positive learning environment where children have a sense of belonging and well-being. We offer programs that encourage creativity, focus and engagement to support optimal development (social, emotional, language, cognitive and physical). Our employees are dedicated to improving the landscape of early childhood education through the delivery of quality education. We show up each day knowing that families entrust us to care for their children and we continually strive for the highest standards of educational child care. We are driven to improve education through technology and continually supporting employee growth and development.