Learn It Academic Services is one of the leading providers of Title I programs to public, private and charter schools across the country. We value education professionals who exhibit collaboration, integrity and the desire to make a difference in the lives of students who struggle to be successful!
Learn It Academic creates ready-to-operate programs that meet federal requirements and promote student success. We customize and align each program to meet the unique needs of each school’s mission and vision. Learn It creates fresh, practical programs that change the trajectory of every student we encounter. Our instructional programs are strategically designed to meet our top priority: helping all students make solid gains in their academic performance. Each program begins with a preliminary assessment that we use to drive individualized instruction and monitor progress. From start to finish, we assess and track performance closely—and adjust our instruction to support and challenge students as they learn and grow.
We are excited to find great people -- for schools in Brooklyn ,NY -- who share our passion to help children and their families.
- In this part-time position, you would be a part of an educational team consisting of a fellow educators, Program Supervisor, and Area Manager.
- This team works with school districts to deliver the highest-quality education services in reading, mathematics and/or writing to students in a small group/ one on one learning environment
- Schedule would be pull-out program during the day and/or small group instruction in after-school setting
- After school hours are 2-6pm 2 to 4 days a week.
- During the day 8:30 am-2:30pm 3-5 days a week
- As an Academic Intervention Title 1 ESL Teacher you will be implementing program components and work closely with school personnel and parents
- The programs will be held in school teaching reading and math for grade levels K-8
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- State of New York teaching certificate preferred, not required
- Demonstrated experience leading ESL classroom instruction
- Prior Fingerprinting by Department of Education preferred
- Completion of SAVE School and Child Abuse Workshop are required; Prior Completion a Plus and if not then can be provided
- Bilingual preferred
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds
- Work location is in a school building where employee will need to be able to go up and down stairs
- Frequent standing and ability to raise arms above the head
- Hand dexterity for typing and entering data into a computer
Learn It is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants must be presently eligible to work in the United States.
Sign On Bonus:
A one-time, Signing Bonus of $500.00 will be paid as follows: $250.00 on the first paycheck after completion 30 days of employment, and $250.00 paid on the first paycheck after completion of 90 days of employment. All payments are subject to deductions and withholding as required by law. **Offer ends February 1, 2020