Learn It Systems is a national education organization whose mission is to help all children succeed in school and in life. We value team members who exhibit collaboration, integrity and the desire to make a difference in the lives of students who struggle to be successful. We are excited to find great people that share our passion to help children and their families.
Learn It Academic Services is looking for Teachers to work in our K-8 classrooms for the 2019-2020 SY. This is a great opportunity to join a growing, interdisciplinary team of professionals focused on creating exceptional learning experiences for children in need.
In this position, you would be a part of an educational team consisting of a supervisor and fellow educators, as well as working with a diverse population of students. This team works with school districts across New Castle County to deliver the highest-quality education services in reading and mathematics to students in a small group learning environment. As a Teacher you will be implementing program components and working closely with school personnel and parents.
Responsibilities such as collaborating with the school administrators and classroom, planning and delivering effective instruction in a small group setting, administering pre and post assessments, and consistent tracking of student progress and data, are essential to the position. Effective classroom management and providing a safe and positive learning environment are also key responsibilities.
**This teacher will provide tutoring services to an Islamic School in Newark, DE. Teachers will be expected to work during school day hours. Staff meetings will be held on the first Friday of each month in the mornings.
*Start Date: November 2019
*Must be available to work hours Monday - Friday from 8 AM -3 PM.
- Reading and Math Intervention experience.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Primary or Secondary teaching certificate issued by Delaware Department of Education preferred.
- Willing to consider experience in lieu of teaching certificate.
- Experience working with Title I or special education students a plus.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Work location is in a school building where employee will need to be able to go up and down stairs.
- Frequent standing and ability to raise arms above the head.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Hand dexterity for typing and entering data into a computer, as well as basic computer skills.
- Learn It Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants must be presently eligible to work in the United States.