An industry leader for more than four decades, Learfield IMG College has a deep presence in the college athletics landscape nationwide. It manages the multimedia and sponsorship rights for nearly 250 collegiate institutions, conferences and arenas, and supports athletic departments at all competitive levels as title sponsor of the prestigious Learfield IMG College Directors’ Cup.
Learfield IMG College also provides its collegiate partners access to professional concessions and ticket sales; branding, licensing and trademark consulting; digital and social platform expertise; campus-wide business and sponsorship development; and venue and technology systems through its affiliated companies.
Our people-friendly culture is a hallmark of our style and approach to business and is rooted in values demonstrating intentional and active care for other people. The company and its employees strive each day to live by the company's value statement: “build the team, grow the company, have fun, love and serve others."
Redbird Sports Properties is Learfield IMG College’s local, dedicated entity representing Illinois State University. In complete collaboration with the university, this team is committed to extending the affinity of the Redbirds brand to businesses and corporations of all sizes looking to align with the undeniably loyal and passionate collegiate sports fan base.
As exclusive multimedia rights holder for Illinois State University, Redbird Sports Properties manages all aspects of the rights relationship. Providing corporate partners with traditional, digital and other non-traditional media opportunities to bolster their own brand and garner maximum exposure through inventory such as venue signage; digital engagement including social media, the official athletics website, content, digital gaming and retargeting, event sponsorships and promotion; corporate hospitality; television and radio game broadcasts and coaches’ shows.
Learfield IMG is actively seeking a Coordinator - Business Development to work from Normal, IL, for Redbird Sports Properties (RSP). Our highly-valued Coordinators are a critical piece of our puzzle! Without their contributions, the property could not deliver on its commitments. We are looking for an experienced and well-organized Coordinator to provide the necessary support to the RSP team. The goal is to facilitate the team’s activities so as to maximize their performance. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment and have prior sales support experience, we want to meet you! This dual-function role possesses both sales and coordination responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage and grow small book of existing business through renewal and new sales
- Prospecting for potential corporate partners
- Set initial meetings with prospects
- Present proposals to potential clients
- Finalize the contract process
- Implement all aspects of the client’s agreement
- Manage and track all marketing inventory for the property
- Serve as liaison between corporate partners, property staff and the Athletic Department
- Manage game program sales for select sporting events
- Create and deliver marketing contracts and agreements
- Assist property staff with all fulfillment needs for signage, radio, print, digital and events
- Assist the General Manager with expense reporting, invoicing, and other budgetary needs
- Assist with corporate hospitality, tickets, in-game promotions and other activities
- Manage all game day Property Assistants for select sports programs
- Work with game day Property Assistants to provide POP (Proof of Performances) for in-venue sponsorship elements
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in business, sports administration, marketing, advertising or other related field
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week including home games and select sporting events
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- High level of initiative, specifically in the areas of sales generation and process improvement
- Strong focus on quality of work and attention to detail
- Able to lead and motivate others
- Results-driven; willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish the goal
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships across many demographics
- Strong aptitude for learning; highly curious
- Desire to build a career in sports marketing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)