We are a mid-sized public accounting firm (33+ employees) seeking a Tax Senior/Supervisor who wants the opportunity to expand skills, assume direct responsibility for client matters and be an integral team member at a growing CPA firm. Candidates will have the opportunity for long-term advancement and bonus compensation based on their contributions and combination of individual & team efforts.
Key responsibilities include:
· Ability to communicate and interact with clients
· Accounting skills to analyze trial balances and prepare year-end adjusting entries
· Preparation of business tax returns, including 1065, 1120S and 1120 for a diverse set of companies from small local businesses to more complex large companies
· Preparation of individual tax returns, including sole proprietorships, rental real estate, and investments including PTPs, foreign tax credit & private equity instruments
· Preparation of FinCen forms and required foreign compliance disclosures
· Review and responses to tax authorities
· Skills to assist clients in tax planning, including projecting estimated taxes and providing recommendations and tax strategies
· Time management skills to oversee a project workload, response to client deadlines, and manage client projects in an efficient manner
Job criteria and qualifications:
· 5+ years of experience in tax at a public accounting firm
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting
· CPA license or CPA candidate
· Diverse range of experience in client size, industry, project hours, and types of work
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Knowledge of tax laws and ability to apply to clients in direct interaction
· Proactive and energetic team personality
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Lear & Pannepacker, LLP
Why Work Here?Tax Accounting Firm
Beautiful work atmosphere, team style work environment, room for growth, small boutique style firm.