Senior Structural Engineer
- Paid Time Off , Retirement
ZFA STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS
Santa Rosa, CA
ZFA Structural Engineers is a mid-sized structural engineering firm founded in 1974 with five offices throughout Northern California, including Santa Rosa, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Sacramento, and Napa. We pride ourselves on our geographic, employee, and project type diversity, as well as our technical expertise and high level of client service.
The office sizes and connectivity are specifically designed to provide both the resources and project experience opportunities of a large firm, but with the nimbleness and mentoring of a smaller firm.
We have continued to grow—deliberately and sustainably—over the last decade and now employ a staff of nearly 85 people. We work hard to provide a positive and inclusive work environment that values all contributions, promotes professional development and growth, and acknowledges that ZFA is only one part of the lives of our employees. We value dedicated work, but also wish to provide flexibility and encourage personal growth to empower the realization of our employees as well-rounded people and well-rounded engineers. We are fully owned by 25 employee-owners and provide a transparent and supportive path to leadership within our firm.
Our Santa Rosa office, founded in 1974, is over 30 strong and is currently searching for a Senior Engineer who can help us continue to expand within Northern California’s robust construction market spanning from San Luis Obispo to Lake Tahoe to the Oregon border and all that lies between including urban Bay Area sites. We are also licensed and deliver projects in 20 other states primarily but not limited to the Western United States.
The ideal candidate will enjoy an inclusive social office culture, have a strong desire to collaborate with peers and clients, and a choice of project types. The Santa Rosa office, like all ZFA’s offices, delivers a wide variety of project types, including education, public safety and civic, downtown redevelopment, historic rehabilitation, custom residential, hospitality, winery, industrial/energy, and healthcare projects. With companywide practices for communication, knowledge sharing, and operational procedures and standards, the Santa Rosa office is ingrained within a robust company that maintains the individual feel of a smaller firm.
ZFA is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an environment for all employees free of discrimination and harassment. ZFA is dedicated to growth and excellence in engineering with opportunities for motivated individuals. We offer:
- A dynamic and challenging work environment with a strong emphasis on collaborative office culture
- Project diversity
- Competitive salaries with overtime pay
- Paid time off (PTO) plus nine paid Holidays
- Comprehensive benefits and insurance package
- Profit sharing through semi-annual bonuses
- Discretionary annual 401K employer contributions
- Opportunities for advancement and company ownership
- Collaborative knowledge sharing with 24 licensed Structural Engineers and 22 licensed Professional Engineers throughout our five offices
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in civil, architectural, or structural engineering. A structural engineering master’s degree is a plus.
- Professional registration as a licensed Civil Engineer is required; a Structural Engineer license is preferred.
- Five to 10 years of experience with multiple project sizes, types, and construction materials, including timber, concrete, and/or steel. Masonry is a plus.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of engineering and construction principles and practice are required.
- Must have the ability and desire to learn project-management skills as well as being personable to maintain positive client relationships for ZFA.
- Desired computer skills: REVIT, Excel, Enercalc, ETABS, RISA, SAFE, RAM Steel
A Senior Engineer is expected to hold the following job responsibilities and desired qualities:
- Possess the primary daily design, organization, and technical skills necessary to conduct work with a great degree of independence.
- Exercise maturity and sound judgment in decision making, problem-solving, budget management, and forecasting of needed project resources.
- Technically and financially manage projects of various sizes and complexities.
- Maintain responsibility for all aspects of technical quality on project documents, budget, and schedule in design and construction administration.
- Mentor and supervise engineers at every level of experience.
- Lead a team of one or more design engineers and/or BIM staff for specific projects.
- Serve as an effective client contact.
- Utilize timely communication to inform clients of the ongoing status of projects.
- Participate in and occasionally lead staff training as requested.
- Show initiative to contribute to the office- and firm-wide technical expertise, standards, and efficiencies.
Leap Solutions Group, Inc.San Francisco, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.