Representing more than 244 credit unions with more than $84 billion in assets and more than 7.5 million members, the League of Southeastern Credit Unions & Affiliates (LSCU) is the trade association for Alabama and Florida credit unions.
LSCU was formed in 2009 through the consolidation of the Alabama Credit Union League and Florida Credit Union League and provides advocacy, compliance support, education, training, and information with relevant services and business strategies to support its members in fulfilling their mission. LEVERAGE, the LSCU Service Corporation, provides best-in-class products and services for credit unions across the country.
Who we are looking for:
A dedicated individual who is positioned to deliver excellent service and expertise to credit union members. The ideal candidate will be able to appropriately identify, verify and correct cardholder MasterCard and Visa account problems for credit unions. Process fund and dispute claims via char4gebacks, bond claims, file closures and other recover rights.
What you'll take ownership of:
- Developing and maintaining favorable relationships with member credit unions.
- Implementing procedures and controls to assure that high quality service is maintained.
- Identifying cardholder account problems and adjusting accounts or initiating in the dispute process.
- Processing first chargeback and monitoring case status for representment and pre-arbitration response.
- Continuing fraud and dispute cases as required, within strict the timeframes for the step of 2nd chargeback, pre-arbitration, arbitration or compliance.
- Responding to all inquiries from user credit unions within established time frame.
- Completing necessary documents on all posting rejects and monitor outcome.
- Assuring accurate and timely adjustment of cardholder accounts.
- Preparing and sending correspondence to cardholders informing them of the status of their dispute.
- Maintaining confidentiality of cardholder account information and assuring that proper security procedures are followed when responding to user credit unions and cardholders.
- Performing all other duties and special projects as assigned.
Need to Haves:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One-year of previous experience with a VISA/Mastercard credit card operation and exception processing.
- One-year experience providing customer service in a financial institution setting.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of business procedures and ability to read, understand, and comply with VISA bylaws and regulations as well as MasterCard Rules.
- Establish and maintain operational knowledge of applicable card base processors and platforms (for example, Fiserv, FIS, TBS, Pass-Through, and Client Workstation).
- Ability to work effectively in Microsoft Office; including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work paperless with Document Imaging Printer
- Ability to function in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to maintain calm demeanor while handling challenging cardholder situations.
- Ability to take initiative, use sound judgment and deductive reasoning when making decisions; perform with a decreasing need for supervision.
Love to Haves:
- Associate Degree with general business courses
- Computer software courses, experience or certifications
- Knowledge and understanding of history, development and philosophy of credit union movement.
The LSCU & Affiliates is proud to be an equal opportunity employer offering a team member-centric culture, competitive salaries, and exceptional benefits including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Flex Spending
- Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Employment offers are contingent on drug-screen and background check.
Please visit our website here.
You can also check out our following social media sites:
Facebook: LSCU Posts
Twitter: LSCU Tweets
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
League of Southeastern Credit Unions