Director of Communication
- Posted: over a month ago
The League of Southeastern Credit Unions & Affiliates (LSCU) is looking to hire a full-time Director of Communication for the Association Services Team. Would you like to take your career to the next level with an employer of choice where you can enjoy a great work culture in a team environment?
The LSCU & Affiliates represents over 300 credit unions and provides advocacy and regulatory information; education and training; cooperative initiatives; media relations, and business solutions to support its member credit unions in fulfilling their mission of 'People Helping People.' Our employees enjoy exceptional benefits, including health, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, flex-spending account, paid time off, volunteer time off, a 401(k)-plan including company matching, 11 paid holidays, professional development dollars, and tuition reimbursement. In 2022, we were honored to be named one of Alabama's Best Companies to work for by the Best Companies Group. At LSCU & Affiliates, our culture, work-life balance, team member engagement, values, and our continuous mission to support credit unions is our main priority.
As the Director of Communication, you will perform a wide range of complex administrative duties related to the operation of League of Southeastern Credit Unions (LSCU) & Affiliates. You will lead the development and execution of communications for LSCU & Affiliates including supervision of two team members. You will manage content generation for various communication channels to promote the value proposition of LSCU and its for-profit subsidiaries while also projecting awareness of the credit union difference to policymakers, the media, and consumers. As this position will deal heavily with Advocacy Groups, any legislative and/or political experience will benefit the department. This position has significant interaction with LSCU & Affiliates senior management, Board of Directors, and other credit union trade associations as well as member credit unions in Alabama, Florida, and Georgia.
The Director of Communication will take ownership of leading the communications team to provide a strategic vision for communications across the enterprise:
- Managing initiative-taking media relations program to promote and protect the credit union brand image.
- Overseeing development and effective delivery of information to affiliated credit unions including publications, LSCU & Affiliates website, e-mail marketing, podcasts, and video production.
- Actively contributing to strategies involving internal and external communications efforts of the organization.
- Managing reputation building through media strategy for the internal team and industry.
- Managing communications for awards and major events programing.
- Reviewing and ensuring polish in all communications on behalf of the Association.
- Supervising Communications Manager and Communications Coordinator positions.
- Coaching, developing, and mentoring; completing performance evaluations as well as ensuring a positive culture among team members consistent with organizational core values.
- Developing annual budget and strategic plans for areas under supervision.
- Representing LSCU & Affiliates externally at credit union/chapter events and other industry functions.
- Performing other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in political science, communications, or related field.
- Three years' progressive experience influencing policymakers at the federal and/or staff level of government, preferably in the employ of an industry trade group.
- Experience developing, implementing, and managing business plans and budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including effective public speaking and ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to form and maintain strong personal relationships with policymakers and their staff.
- Proven leadership skills and prior supervisory experience required. Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate subordinates effectively in a remote working environment.
- Strong delegation and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with teammates throughout the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize effectively.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks with conflicting deadlines while staying within budgetary constraints.
- Must be able to work effectively in a Microsoft Office environment, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Advanced degree.
- Knowledge and understanding of history, development, and philosophy of credit union movement.
- Moderate travel with overnight stays.
- Valid driver's license required for this position.
- Airline travel.
If this job is what you are looking for, please take the next step and fill out our online application. This entire application process should take you less than five minutes to complete. Once you complete your application you will receive a link to complete a short assessment. Both are required to move forward in the process.
Here at LSCU & Affiliates, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer offering a team member-centric culture, competitive salaries, and exceptional benefits.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
League of Southeastern Credit Unions
BusinessView all jobs at League of Southeastern Credit Unions
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?