Design SEO Editor - Hunker
Leaf Group Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Hunker believes good design should be a part of everyday life—and that you don't have to be an expert to make it happen. We are looking for a Design SEO Editor to help us grow our search traffic and manage many of the moving pieces of our SEO project.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Design SEO Editor grows with us.
Leaf Group is a house of brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories: Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com); Home & Decor (Hunker, Society6, Deny Designs), and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair). Additionally, we have performance focused brands in key categories such as Travel, Pets, and DIY (OnlyInYourState, Cuteness, eHow). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
You'll Report To: Senior Director, Content
A typical day as a Design SEO Editor might include:
- Managing and overseeing production of 20-30 design-centric SEO articles per month (majority will be assigned out to writers, however there is room for writing).
- Coming up with interesting and informative titles based on keyword research.
- Managing contributors: assigning content, ensuring deadlines are met, managing contributor communication.
- Liaising with Hunker's SEO Director to discuss and build upon keyword strategy.
- Working closely with Hunker's Senior Content Director and Senior Design Editor to ensure that all SEO content is meeting Hunker's rigorous creative and editorial standards.
- Monitoring analytics to gauge success of SEO strategy; advise on new experiments and titles.
- Approaching SEO content from an integrative perspective. The content must exist organically within Hunker's ecosystem; the editor should also be a fully supportive and collaborative member of our editorial staff, sharing insights and updates around best practices across all our content.
You'll be successful if you can think from both a creative and technical perspective and can handle processing lots of information.
What You Have:
- 3-5 years working for an online publisher, decor/design (or lifestyle-adjacent topic) preferred
- Ability to manage high-volume workload and meet quotas without sacrificing quality
- Experience implementing SEO best practices and strategies
- Experience editing others' work and managing writers/contributors
- Existing network of qualified contributors a huge plus
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Familiarity with SEO tools/platforms like SEMrush or Clearscope
- Passion for interior design, home improvement/renovations
What We Have:
- Among Comparably's 2020 Best CEOs for Diversity and Best CEOs for Women
- eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- OnlyInYourState is ranked the #3 Travel and Information Site (ComScore)
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby's Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- Leaf Group is among TalentDesk's 2019 Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company's Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group is a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace that reflects our customers and the world we live in. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply for our roles. Leaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Leaf Group