Our client is seeking an experienced Shipping Coordinator for a temp to hire position just South of downtown San Antonio.
This person will verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments, oversee orders which includes assembling, addressing, stamping, and shipping merchandise or material; that leave the company and are responsible for the timely and safe delivery to the clients while making all necessary transportation arrangements; receiving, unpacking, verifying and recording incoming merchandise or material; and successfully prepare quality items in a timely manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Respond to customers or shippers questions or complaints
- Handles all claims and queries with suppliers, freight companies and custom brokers
- Communicates with others to ensure shipping related problems are resolved
- Provide routing information and issue shipping instructions to ensure deliveries arrive on time and to the correct location.
- Notifies and/or delivers incoming product to end user
- Manage all outbound shipments
- Manage the packaging materials inventories
- Package product to be shipped; pack ,seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using work devices
- Verify material being packaged by examining contents and comparing with records, such as acknowledgements, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipment
- Prepare merchandise to be returned to suppliers or delivered to customers
- Arrange transportation services
- UPS/FedEx software is to be used effectively and understood for summary reporting on request
- Distribute documentation, including transfer of all original documents to the appropriate end user
- Negotiate rates with suppliers such as carriers, operators and insurance companies to ensure the required profit margins, as directed by the company, are achieved
- Prepare quotes for customers which will involve examining products or materials to estimate quantities or weight and type of container required for storage or transport
- Liaise with accounts for preparation of invoices ensuring shipping costs are calculated accurately and passed onto customer.
- Communicates and follows up on discrepancies with suppliers, publishers, freight companies, custom brokers.
- Ensures that merchandise is processed, including labeling and pricing, and forwarded to appropriate sales and storage areas
- Prepares activity report to manager regarding the operations of the area.
- Ensures all relevant files are maintained and organized
- Monitor shipments (Airfreight, Sea freight)
- Enter shipment information into Job scope
- Prepare documents, such as work orders and labels, bill of lading, and shipping orders to route materials
- Assist with clerical work, such as typing, filing and making copies upon request and other assigned tasks as designated by management.
- Perform general housekeeping, maintenance and organization of the packaging, inventory and office areas
- 2+ years' experience in a Shipping Coordinator type role
- International Shipping Experience required
- Possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Possess good reasoning skills
- Be able to analyze data and prepare reports reflecting findings
- Advise on strategic direction in relation to your role
- Demonstrate strong computer skills