We are seeking a Procurement Specialist for a temp-to-hire opportunity located in North Austin near the Arbor Walk. Our client implements scientific expertise to serve the national and homeland security communities with the use of statistical and computational analysis.
- Manages cradle-to-grave administration of a portfolio of subcontracts, including reviewing and negotiating terms and conditions, processing of modifications, and completion of the company’s internal forms and reports.
- Serves as the primary point of contact with customer contracts/subcontracts points of contact and with internal project staff for all issues related to subcontracting requirements and compliance issues related to assigned subcontracts.
- Assists staff in the development of subcontract specifications, statements of work, terms and conditions, and requests for proposal in accordance with company policies and other regulations.
- Receives and reviews requisition documents from staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Performs independent research and analysis to confirm price reasonableness through a variety of techniques.
- Performs cost analysis, as required, to evaluate overall cost reasonableness and realism.
- Receives and compares bids against specifications to determine and make the best value awards.
- Negotiates with prospective vendors, executes subcontracts on behalf of the company within the incumbent’s designated signature authority, and generates and distributes subcontract award documents.
- Compiles and records pricing information to create award justification documentation.
- Monitors subcontractor performance against price and schedule, including reviews of invoices and deliverables as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field and 4 years of prior related professional experience with at least two years of direct experience in one or more of the following roles:
- employed in a position involving the administration of subcontracts issued in furtherance of US Government prime contracts;
- as a federal government employee in a Contracting Series General Schedule (GS-1102) position at the GS-07 grade or above; or
- as a member of a uniformed service assigned to a contracting career code at the E-4 pay grade or above.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages, and have a mastery of basic arithmetic.
- Possess a working knowledge of MS Office, specifically Outlook, Excel, and Access.
- Candidates are required to successfully complete a background screening to maintain a SECRET-level clearance.