We are actively seeking an Accounting Clerk for a temp-to-hire position located in southwest Austin. Our client is a program designed to assist and implement new strategies for better workplaces, schools, and communities. Candidates with 4+ years of accounting experience are highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
- Combinations of Associate Degree in accounting with two years of experience in accounting or four years of accounting field experience can qualify.
- Experience with nonprofit organizations preferred.
- Must have knowledge of general accounting practices, procedures, and audits; budgeting and reporting; application of data processing; and the maintenance of accounting records and financial administration.
- Must have the ability to perform complex calculations and analysis; interpret and apply appropriate laws and regulations.
- Possess the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with accuracy, and communicate effectively.
- Experience required in accounting Software, computer operations, and Excel (or similar) spreadsheet applications.
- Manage the Accounts Payable process from start to finish including; invoicing, check preparation, direct deposits, and spreadsheet management.
- Process requisitions (purchase orders).
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Accounts receivable invoicing.
- Payroll processing.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure timely payments to vendors.
- Professional and prompt correspondence with regards to administrative requests.
- Assist other Accounting Department positions, as assigned by the Accounting Director in brief instances or as normal duties (general accounting practices apply to ensure separation of duties).
- Other office duties as needed i.e. manage the front desk, answer phones, order office supplies.
- Reporting on any aspects of duties verbally or in written format.