We are seeking an experienced Production Supervisor to join our team for a Manufacturing company located in Kirksville, MO.
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required and we will consider experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree. An emphasis on Manufacturing, Industrial Management, or similar preferred.
The preferred candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a production environment in a leadership role. This candidate will have excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills to effectively lead in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Leads production team on shift to ensure production, quality and safety goals are met.
- Conduct performance evaluations for assigned shift.
- Assist with the on-boarding process of new hires if needed.
- Ensure compliance with safety processes and procedures; conduct regular safety audits and shift meetings.
- Monitor and prioritize workflow of production to meet deadlines.
- Manage/direct multiple functions and/or projects to achieve production goals, efficiency measurements, and control labor costs.
- Fosters a collaborative and positive working environment.
- Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Enforce consistent application of policies, procedures and rules.
- Experience with reviewing/approving timecards.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of manufacturing operations including staffing, equipment, and facility needs
- Monitor and communicate quality programs to ensure compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred not required.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in a leadership role.
- Action-oriented and innovative in the Manufacturing and Operations functions
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive
- Demonstrated ability effectively to lead, develop and mentor high performance teams to get results through others.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents, write complex reports, detailed business correspondence, policies and procedures.
- Ability to give effective presentations to management, employees, customers and large groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Commitment to high quality standards, customer satisfaction and promoting a safe work environment.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Frequent exposure to manufacturing environment with one or more unpleasant or hazardous conditions including but not limited to exposure to dust, dirt, high noise levels, chemicals, etc.
- Regularly required to hear, speak, be articulate, and sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, grasp, reach, carry, use manual dexterity, and lift up to 50lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer