- Posted: over a month ago
- $95,000 to $115,000 Yearly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
The Materials/Inventory Manager directs and coordinates the procurement of raw materials, purchased components, supplies and services related to the production process to ensure that the highest quality procured items are delivered in sufficient quantity at the least possible cost in a timely fashion to support the production of company products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Candidate will lead a team of handlers, will need to have experience with inventory and warehouse management and control.
· Will be involved in physical cycle counts and bar coding.
· Approve purchases and disbursements performed by subordinates. Determine and recommend volume purchases of raw materials or purchased products in light of marketplace economics and production process requirements.
· Approve purchased item prices, terms of sales, traffic routes in light of standard operating procedures.
· Direct or personally conduct vendor negotiations concerning rejected commodities, components, or supplies and disposition and adjustment of purchased items not fulfilling specifications.
· Investigate potential suppliers and interview vendor company representatives. Analyze competitive bids and select vendors for placement on the approved supplier list.
· Control and manage inventory of raw materials, purchased components and items, and supplies relating to the manufacturing process, manufactured parts and parts sales.
· Establish and maintain inventory levels and related order points in consideration of procurement lead time, the most economical quantities to minimize investment and storage costs, manufacturing requirements, and customer service requirements.
· Supervise the auditing of inventory levels, cycle counting procedure, the preparation of related reports, and the maintenance of inventory transaction records.
· Forecast inventory requirements to facilitate procurement procedures, raw material and component delivery, and storage space utilization.
· Supervise issuing of components to production orders. Includes closing all production orders on completion to keep costing current.
· Supervise the sale of scrap raw and surplus raw materials.
· Attend training classes and/or seminars to improve purchasing and inventory management related skills.
· Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
· Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Oversees a buyer, stockroom supervisor and personnel, material clerks, cycle counter and forklift operators. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
Requires education generally equivalent to a bachelor's degree in business administration or inventory and production control or some other relevant major from a 4 year college or university and 5 to 7 years purchasing and inventory and production control experience in a manufacturing environment. Must have comprehensive knowledge of ERP systems and procedures. Must have knowledge of bar-coding and RFQ scanners. Requires knowledge of Lean manufacturing or related training.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical resources relating to procurement and inventory management and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and operating procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from vendors, company management and other employees concerning procurement and inventory management procedures.
Ability to perform calculations related to procurement and inventory management procedures.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
Knowledge of Epicor ERP preferred.
We offer a competitive Salary w/Bonus. Benefits and PTO.
Leading Manufacturing Company
1169 North Great Southwest ParkwayGrand Prairie, TX
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?