Leading Health Care's mission is to make a lasting contribution to society by helping people live a better life. We do this by providing in-home caregiving services to the elderly and persons with developmental disabilities.
As a Nursing Assistant, you will directly impact our mission by supporting the Nursing department with clerical tasks. Please review the job description below and visit our website at www.lhcla.com for more information about Leading Health Care's passion for helping others.
- Schedule and track clients’ doctor appointments and communicate scheduling information to other departments
- Complete and send client paperwork to doctor’s offices as needed for appointments
- Arrange for client transportation to doctor appointments as needed
- Review and process Medication Administration Records (MARs) for correctness and completeness
- Prepare and maintain client medical binders and records
- Track staff medical training and ensure adequate supply of medical training materials
- Log received medications, check for accuracy, and coordinate home delivery in a timely manner
- Make visits to client homes as needed to deliver medications or ensure compliance with program guidelines
- Assist RN with any and all tasks related to Nursing as requested
- Comply with all guidelines established by LDH, Medicaid, and LHCL
- Establish and maintain a professional and open line of communication with affiliates of LHCL
- Be punctual, organized and consistent with proper documentation procedures
- Model the LHCL values of Compassion, Trust, Integrity, and Accountability
- Additional related tasks as needed
- High school diploma required
- Doctor's office or medical field experience preferred
- Must possess professional communication and organization skills
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
- Must satisfactorily pass all required and applicable State & Federal eligibility verifications, including background, driving and other record checks
- Able to operate office equipment such as a copier and fax machine
- Basic addition/subtraction and general analytical skills
Office hours are 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Friday.
LHCL offers competitive pay and excellent benefits to include: Medical, Dental, Sick and Vacation leave, 401k and much more!