Leading Health Care is a home and community-based care provider serving individuals with disabilities, the aging, and their families. Our clients rely on our personal caregiving services to live independently and maximize quality of life.
The HR Assistant will impact lives every day by maintaining employment for 300+ Direct Support Workers who report to our Pineville office.
Please review the job description below and visit our website at www.lhcla.com for more information about Leading Health Care's mission to help people live a better life.
HR Assistant Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Regional Director and the Director of HR, work alongside another HR Assistant to serve as primary HR contact for Region 6 and ensure compliance with company-wide HR standards and practices
- Meet and greet all visitors with a warm, welcoming, and upbeat personality
- Answer and direct incoming/outgoing communications via Phone, Fax, Mail, and E-mail
- Assist potential employees with the application process, enter applications into software system, and run initial screenings through state and federal exclusions databases
- Facilitate weekly employee orientation classes to ensure Staffing department has adequate labor supply
- Process new hires by running criminal background checks, verifying employment authorization using E-Verify, reporting to the Directory of New Hires, certifying new hires for the Work Opportunity Tax Credit Program, and preparing personnel folders
- Maintain employee files with the highest level of organization, filing documents accurately in a timely manner and updating digital files and spreadsheets as needed
- Track expiration of required personnel documents including driver's license, auto insurance, vehicle inspection, annual training, performance evaluations, and motor vehicle reports
- Utilize database software to maintain electronic records and documentation
- Process employee separations within required deadlines
- Complete clerical duties as assigned (ex. file, organize, prepare timesheets and materials for employee pick-up, maintain office supplies inventory, distribute paychecks, etc.)
- Participate in the region's after hours on-call rotation, serving as backup staff in the home when necessary
- Comply with all guidelines established by LDH, Medicaid, and LHCL
- Establish and maintain a professional and open line of communication with affiliates of LHCL
- Model the LHCL values of Compassion, Trust, Integrity, and Accountability
- Additional related tasks as needed
- High school diploma required
- 2 years of administrative experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
- Must possess exceptional communication and organization skills
- Must satisfactorily pass all required and applicable State & Federal eligibility verifications, including background, driving and other record checks
- Able to operate office equipment such as a copier and fax machine
- Basic addition/subtraction and general analytical skills
LHCL offers competitive pay and excellent benefits to include: Medical, Dental, Sick and Vacation leave, 401k and much more!
Office hours are 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Friday.