Leading Health Care is a home and community-based care provider serving individuals with disabilities, the aging, and their families. Our clients rely on our personal caregiving services to live independently and maximize quality of life.
Client Care Managers impact lives every day by creating and managing clients' plans of care, and working with Direct Support staff to ensure proper delivery of care.
Please review the job description below and visit our website at www.lhcla.com for more information about Leading Health Care's mission to help people live a better life.
Responsibilities of a Client Care Manager:
- Manage care for approximately 40 elderly clients who receive in-home personal care assistance via Medicaid, Private Insurance, or VA Benefits
- Ensure person-centered care plans are carried out by Direct Support Workers (DSWs) and that clients' health and well-being are maintained
- Supervise, train, evaluate, and provide direction to DSWs in regards to all aspects of client care
- Communicate frequently with clients, families, and other affiliates to answer questions, resolve issues, and ensure satisfaction with services
- Attend and participate in routine planning meetings regarding the clients' care
- Travel to clients' homes for meetings and visits quarterly, annually, and as needed.
- Properly document all client communications, care plan or medical changes, visit notes, or incidents
- Comply with all program guidelines and meet requirements established by LDH, Medicaid, and LHCL
- Promote LHCL in the local community and build relationships with external stakeholders
- Participate in after hours on-call rotation and serve as backup staff working in-home with clients as needed
- Model the LHCL values of Compassion, Trust, Integrity, and Accountability
- Additional tasks related to client care as requested
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in field related to Human Services
- 2 years' experience preferred (elderly services/case management)
- Satisfactorily pass all required and applicable State & Federal eligibility verifications including background, driving and other checks
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
- Able to operate office equipment
- Basic addition/subtraction and general analytical skills
- Valid driver's license, auto insurance, and reliable transportation
Office hours are 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Friday.
LHCL offers competitive pay and excellent benefits to include: Major Medical, Sick and Vacation leave, 401k, AD&D Life Insurance Policy, and much more!