Leading Health Care is an in-home personal care provider serving individuals with disabilities, the aging, and their families. Our clients rely on our home and community based services to live independently and maximize quality of life.
As a Client Care Manager, you will support the Thibodaux region by managing care for the clients on your caseload. The successful candidate will:
- Have compassion and eagerness to serve elderly and disabled individuals
- Exhibit flexibility, drive, and willingness to solve problems
- Display clear and tactful communication skills
- Remain calm and organized when faced with challenges
Please review the job description below and visit our website at www.lhcla.com for more information about Leading Health Care's mission to help people live a better life.
Responsibilities of a Client Care Manager:
- Manage care for approximately 45 clients who participate in the following programs:
- Medicaid Waivers including SIL, NOW, ROW, SW, LTPCS, PAS, CC/EPSDT
- Private Care including long-term care insurance plans
- VA Care through the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Ensure person-centered care plans are carried out by Direct Support Workers (DSWs) and that clients' health and well-being are maintained
- Supervise, train, evaluate, and provide direction to DSWs in regards to all aspects of client care
- Communicate frequently with clients, families, and other affiliates to answer questions, resolve issues, and ensure satisfaction with services.
- Travel to clients' homes for meetings and visits quarterly, annually, and as needed.
- Properly document all client communications, care plan or medical changes, visit notes, or incidents.
- Comply with all program guidelines and meet requirements established by LDH, Medicaid, and LHCL.
- Promote LHCL in the local community and build relationships with external stakeholders
- Participate in after hours on-call rotation and serve as backup staff working in-home with clients as needed
- Model the LHCL values of Compassion, Trust, Integrity, and Accountability
- BA/BS degree required, preferably in Human Services or related field
- 2 years experience preferred (homecare industry/case management)
- Satisfactorily pass all required and applicable State & Federal eligibility verifications including background, driving and other checks
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
- Able to operate office equipment
- Basic addition/subtraction and general analytical skills
- Valid driver's license, auto insurance, and reliable transportation
Office hours are 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Friday.
LHCL offers competitive pay and excellent benefits to include: Major Medical, Sick and Vacation leave, 401k, AD&D Life Insurance Policy, and much more!