Leading Health Care's Mission is to make a lasting contribution to society by helping people live a better life. We do this by providing in-home caregiving services to the elderly and persons with developmental disabilities. Our clients are able to live independently within the community with our help. As a Client Care Manager, you will directly impact our mission by managing care for the clients on your caseload. Please review the job description below and visit our website at www.lhcla.com for more information about Leading Health Care's passion for helping others.
Responsibilities of a Client Care Manager:
- Manage care for approximately 30 clients who participate in the following programs:
- Medicaid Waivers including SIL, NOW, LTPCS, PAS, SW, CCW, CC/EPSDT
- Private Care including long-term care insurance plans
- VA Care through the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Ensure person-centered care plans are carried out and that health and well-being are maintained
- Supervise, train, evaluate, and provide direction to Direct Support Workers (DSWs) in regards to all aspects of client care
- Attend and participate in routine planning meetings
- Travel to clients' homes for meetings and visits quarterly, annually, and as needed.
- Participate in after hours on-call rotation and serve as backup staff working in-home with clients as needed
- Be organized and consistent with proper documentation procedures
- Comply with all guidelines established by LDH, Medicaid, and LHCL
- Promote and market LHCL in the local community within the permissible standards
- Establish and maintain a professional and open line of communication with affiliates of LHCL
- Model the LHCL values of Compassion, Trust, Integrity, and Accountability
- Additional tasks related to client care as requested
- BA/BS degree required, preferably in Human Services or related field
- 2 years experience preferred (homecare industry/case management)
- Satisfactorily pass all required and applicable State & Federal eligibility verifications including background, driving and other checks
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
- Able to operate office equipment
- Basic addition/subtraction and general analytical skills
- Valid driver's license, auto insurance, and reliable transportation
Office hours are 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Friday.
LHCL offers competitive pay and excellent benefits to include: Major Medical, Sick and Vacation leave, 401k, AD&D Life Insurance Policy, and much more!