The ideal Solutions Developer is a creative thinker who thrives on innovation and thinking outside the box. Understanding how to approach complex issues is critical when delivering a solution on time and under budget. In today’s complex business environment, the ability to provide real-time information and tie different technologies into a seamless solution is imperative.
Leading EDJE team members (we call ourselves EDJErs) are continuous learners who are passionate about technology, and thrive on keeping up with the latest technology trends. They take advantage of every opportunity to grow their skills and knowledge.
EDJErs are great team players who are dependable and reliable. They are good communicators, open-minded, and respect other opinions. They are honest, transparent, and flexible. The ideal candidate is authentic and personable, not ego-centric. He or she recognizes the “we” in team success.
The responsibilities of the Java Solutions Developer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to perform basic analysis tasks, with minimal supervision
- Ability to translate business and functional specifications into code
- Ability to adapt to and learn new technologies with assistance
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Minimum of 2-years of professional, hands-on Java development experience.
- Relevant experience in the information technology field
- Ability to demonstrate competency in development languages and tools
- A “can-do” attitude, a strong passion for technology, and a willingness to learn new skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including listening skills
Preferred (not required, but it helps)
- Should have knowledge of at least one common Software Development Methodology (SDLC, Scrum, Agile, ATDD, etc...)
- Development with at least one data repository (Oracle, SQLServer, Hadoop, NoSQL, etc...), including data access and manipulation.
- Sense of humor