Leading by Example LLC provides Psychiatric Rehabilitation services to adults and minors in the community as well as in-home Therapeutic Behavioral services to minors in the community. The Behavioral Health Aide will provide a combination of both of these services. LBE is currently looking to fill several full-time, Behavioral Health Aide positions. Qualified candidates will possess excellent verbal communication skills and clinical writing capabilities. Candidates should also be highly organized with exceptional time management skills.
Primary Function:The Behavioral Health Aide is responsible for facilitating psychiatric rehabilitation, health homes, therapeutic behavioral support services, and crisis intervention services to youth, adults, and families according to rehabilitation and therapeutic behavioral plans. The Behavioral Health Aide will maintain a minimum caseload of 8 PRP Clients, 8 Health Homes Clients, and 15 hours per week for TBS Clients.
- The Behavioral Health Aide will be required to complete weekly office hours for training, supervision, and meetings (hours will vary).
- Complete 3 off-site visits and 1 on-site visit for minor PRP clients on a monthly basis.
- Complete 5 off-site visits and 1 on-site visit for adult PRP clients on a monthly basis.
- Complete all required TBS service hours per week for each assigned client on your caseload.
- Engage clients in developing and maintaining therapeutic relationships.
- Assist clients in creating daily structure that includes opportunities for developing skills necessary for functioning in the community.
- Develop and implement health promotion/education, therapeutic recreation, cultural enrichment, and independent living skills development activities.
- Assist with the development and implementation of rehabilitation, health homes, and therapeutic behavioral plans.
- Review the rehabilitation/behavioral goals and interventions with the client and family on a monthly basis.
- Facilitate family support sessions in the client’s home.
- Provide emergency crisis intervention and conflict management to identified clients and families.
- Track, monitor and document the client’s progress in achieving established goals and utilization of community resources.
- Ensure clients receive assistance and support with physical and somatic health management needs which includes understanding and managing medication.
- Minimum HS Diploma or Equivalent, Bachelor Degree in related field preferred.
- 2 years’ experience providing direct service to adults and minors with emotional and behavioral challenges preferred.
- Must provide driving record from the MVA.
- Valid Maryland Driver’s License
- Reliable and up-to-date insured vehicle (State minimum for Maryland)
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- CPR/First Aid Certification (must be acquired during first 90 days of employment)
Compensation: This position pays 16.50 per hour. .