- Understand system requirements; work closely with the engineering teams to flow down the system requirements to the Firmware/Software levels. Help define new system requirements based on interactions with customers. Define system-level computational architectures, covering device selection (specifically processors, FPGA, memory, and nonvolatile storage).
- Model, test, and analyze radar systems at the system, module, and component levels in order to support hardware and software fielding decisions. Prototype new software algorithms and hardware designs for insertion into existing and developmental radar.
- Coordinate with internal and external partners, marketing and product managers to plan and execute Radar technology research, early product development, and concept demonstration initiatives.
- Lead preliminary radar industrialization efforts including relationships with suppliers.
- Conduct overall project activities including requirement analysis, concept design, tradeoff analysis, prototype system integration, prototype testing and evaluation. Communicate project status on a regular basis to management and external partners.
- Simulation and design of RF circuits like oscillators, PLL, low to medium power amplifiers, IF and RF Filters (printed or lumped element) etc. Assist in generating notional circuit card layout artwork by use of CAD tools.
- RF testing using Network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, Signal generators etc.
- US Citizenship or Green Card holder.
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in RF Systems engineering.
- Experience with RF Communications, Navigation and/or Surveillance systems.
- Ability to perform systems/HW concept development, architecture design, trade studies, requirements analysis and flow down in support of new concepts of operations.
- Experience in RF, K band or millimeter wave component design, and analog circuitry used for subsystem integration.
- Experience with HW integration and troubleshooting. Experience leading end to end system development of (prototype) radar systems.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent.
- Experience with radar development for ground autonomous vehicles.
- Experience with RF test hardware incl. Vector Network Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzer, arbitrary waveform generators. Experience with passive waveguide components and assemblies.
- Experience with Radar Target detection, grouping, and tracking processing and algorithms. Experience with signal processing methods.
- FMCW Radar Experience.
- Experience with RF and system design tools, i.e. Matlab, ADS, MWO, SystemVue, CST, or HFSS.
- Experience with CAN or other communication protocols preferred.
- Experience directing technical teams. Ability to work in a team environment and negotiate solutions with Hardware/Software Engineering and Systems Engineering is preferred. Strong fundamentals in electrical engineering is preferred.
- Ability to learn new designs quickly and independently is preferred.
- Proven project management skills. Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally. Ability to work in a global, virtual team environment.
- Ability to interact with potential customers, present radar technology, and discuss needs, requirements, and issues.