Coordinate the Quality Assurance department for Sort and Rework activities. Monitor product and service performance filling customer expectations for Ford customers, assumes responsibility for immediate containment actions in the event of product and/or service concerns, and provides the technical and functional expertise necessary to identify risks in the process and methods applicable for each project. Timely and effective countermeasure implementations and replies when quality issues are risen.
BASIC POSITION DUTIES:
• Management of sort/rework/repair methods and processes in compliance with engineering and quality standards as necessary to provide rapid, effective, sustainable clean points and provide rework personnel training and oversight as necessary.
• Issuance of monthly reports and monitoring of internal metrics (Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery)
• Strong communication/interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
• Assure critical points quality, quality control system and inspection standard when check PFMEA and Control Plans for the sort and rework Processes.
• Acknowledgement about AIAG requirements for PPAP’s process.
• Supervision of QA and 3rd party companies staff.
• Control and disposition of finished goods that is processed in the quality activities.
• Flexibility to travel to Mexico and US.
• Review and control of invoicing process from third party companies assuring accurate billable hours and timely payments.
• Work Experience: 8 to 10 years of experience with 2-4 years in supervisory capacity.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quality, or related field. Or equivalent industry-specific experience in automotive quality assurance or engineering.
• ASQ CQE level certification and/or equivalent is helpful but not required.
• Certification or demonstrated equivalent ability in a technical problem solving discipline (Six Sigma, 8D, 5P) is preferred.
• Full knowledge of automotive OEM structure, manufacturing and technical demands and customer requirements and relationships (ideally Ford and wire harness products) and procedures demonstrated by 5 or more years’ experience in management of Quality, Engineering, and/or Design/Product Development Engineering in the automotive industry.
• Required Skills: Strong cross-functional communication skills, both verbal and written, along with strong organizational and leadership skills; ability to lead, direct, coach and discipline; proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Location: Jeffersonville, Indiana