Mechanical Engineer- Powertrain Vehicle Dev.
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
LER TechForce, an LHP affiliate, previously LHP Engineering Resources, is looking for a Mechanical Engineer that has to develop and test industrial automation products to work in Redford MI.
- Support the mechanical design for a variety of projects encompassing several aspects of powertrain and vehicle/component development from the concept phase through detail design and manufacturing.
- Occasionally communicate with customers to determine design requirements and specifications for a project and participate in regular design reviews to ensure those requirements are being met.
- Conduct projects with a high level of professionalism while meeting and/or exceeding our clients' technical and timing expectations within the predefined project budget limits.
- Coordinate with other departments such as Project Management, Manufacturing, and Purchasing to ensure proper components are purchased and assembled to meet the project timeline and budget.
- Produce a final deliverable drawing package made to customer specifications and industry standards
- Troubleshoot and fix design and manufacturing issues with the Project Manager and Manufacturing Team.
- Be able to back up engineering decisions using data and engineering analysis .
- Produce Bill of Materials and Sequence of Operations document
- 3+ years of experience in related positions
- CAD Experience (AutoCAD 2D, Inventor 3D preferred)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Project, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail Demonstrated teamwork, leadership and project management skills
- Knowledge of basic engineering and physics concepts and formulas
- Strong creativity and spatial reasoning skills
- Travel to customer facilities (up to 10%) required
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred)
Components assembly : automotive plastics and metal exterior components
Leading Automotive Tier 1 supplier
Company: Tier 1 automotive supplier
ManufacturingView all jobs at Leading Automotive Tier 1 supplier