We have 2 EMC positions: An EMC Engineer and a EMC Test Technician
Mission: Support Electronic Design Team for Lighting Projects
• In charge of the application of the EMC development process (for the risk analysis to the validation)
• Accountable for the deliverables of his scope to ensure the success of the project
• Perform EMC tests for debugging
Support Electronic Design Team for several projects
• Perform activities in compliance with Metier Development Plan of his/her PG/PL
• Analysis of customers specifications
• Support for Compliance Matrix redaction and/or review
• Risks Identification based on Retex and/or test and/or simulation
• Support for Validation plans redaction and/or review
• Review and analysis of schematic and layout from an EMC point of view
• Layout recommendation and follow up
• Achievements of development and validation test (electrical, emission, immunity)
• Development of new methodologies and means of fast EMC investigation
• Perform the electrical / EMC debugging tests
• Root cause identification and solution proposal
• Issue and store the report
• Take part in Projects Design Reviews as EMC referent
• Perform or support Metier process (simulation, calculations…)
• Analysis, identification, and implementation of solutions in case of non-compliance identified at the product, system or vehicle level.
• Contribution to the EMC modelling and simulation development
• Creation of ICEM (Integrated Circuit Emission) and ICIM (Integrated Circuit Immunity) Models
• Creation of standards, design rules, Lesson Learn Cards
• Follow standardization rules
• Reports the progress of his task
• Escalate risks when needed
Location: Columbus IN
EMC Test Technician
This position will be responsible for implementing testing of existing and new OEM forklifts and components. Position requires technical oriented individual with the strong communication and leadership skills to communicate, plan and document the activities of a fast-paced testing program.
The ideal candidate that would fit best in this position is dynamic, highly adaptable, hardworking, detail orientated, open-minded to opinions, and driven to succeed. Being able to work with large groups, engagement in team's daily activities, and the ability to always put the customer's needs first are essential for the candidate in this role.
- Work with Test engineers to understand the test, setup data acquisition system depending on the type of the test and complete the test as per the outlined plan.
- Maintain detailed test logs and document the day to day activity. Update daily activity details to tracking document.
- Understanding test plans and test procedures and complete testing.
- Making electrical harnesses, performing test setups for electrical related truck level and component level tests, Cold chamber testing, thermal chamber testing, Inrush currents and other firmware, electric and general tests.
- Complete test reports as per specified timeline.
- Catalog all the lessons learnt and report status of testing activity in daily meetings.
- Maintain test equipment and participate in 5S activity.
- Participate in the development of new test procedures as required
- Prepare and implement improvements to processes and procedures related to testing.
- Countermeasure testing related issues as they arise.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- An Electrical technology degree is highly preferred.
- Must have hands-on experience with Electric system and sub-system testing, EMI, EMC, ESD testing.
- Experienced in harness preparation.
- Should have experience with understanding test requirements and test plans.
- Should poses a self-driven personality with a drive to succeed and learn under limited training.
- Excellent team player with good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong technical writing skills to document daily activities and draft test reports to an acceptable standard
- Experience with forklift or similar industrial vehicles. Possess the technical ability to read, evaluate, understand and communicate data from prints and technical standard documents.
- Ability to troubleshoot and come up with countermeasure as problems arise
- Adaptable individual with strong passion in their field of study or experience
- Ability to put customer needs first and resourcefulness to achieve it.
Location: Columbus IN
Leading Automotive Tier 1 supplier