Sr. Data Analyst, Jacksonville
Lead Gen Consultings Jacksonville, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
Looking for a Sr. level Data Analyst responsible for understanding business change needs, assessing the business impact of those changes on data, capturing, analyzing and documenting data requirements and supporting the communication with and delivery of solutions to the stakeholders. Experience on projects involving data analysis, data mapping, data integration and data warehousing is required for this role.
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 7 years of Data Analysis and solid experience with SQL and various BI tools. We have a strong preference for candidates with the CDMP or CBIP certification.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for eliciting, understanding, interpreting and representing business requirements.
- Act as the conduit between the customer and technical teams to ensure requirements are understood.
- Responsible for understanding business processes to develop business models.
- Provide subject matter expertise on the use of data as well as educate teams on business model, metadata and standards.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to junior associates.
- Acts as a change agent in support of operational improvements.
- Recommend and establish standards, guidelines and procedures to improve operational efficiencies.
- Responsible for understanding source systems and its data models.
- Develop source to target mappings for data lineage.
- Document source architecture to include data flows.
- Responsible for analyzing data to validate business domains and requirements.
- Responsible for data profiling and ensuring data quality requirements are accurate and complete.
- Act in an advisory capacity in data model reviews, architecture approach and solution design to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Responsible for partnering with management and business units on innovative ways to successfully utilize data and related tools to advance business objectives.
- Works with governance council to establish data governance standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for active involvement with Quality Assurance teams in defining the QA strategy, test plans and use cases to validate data.
- Responsible for providing day to day support, troubleshooting and incident management and resolution.
- Responsible for communicating planned and unplanned activities to appropriate parties as needed.
- Support PMO Pre-project data assessments
- Support PMO conversion of Tableau / Cognos reports to Microsoft PoweBI
- Writing PowerBI reports and dashboards
- Provide ad hoc support for Business reporting requests
- Assist with business data lake testing / experimentation
- Assist with coordinating data dictionary completions
- Mentor Project DA resources
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 7 years of related professional experience. Degree in technology related area preferred.
- 7+ years experience working as a data analyst leveraging Business Intelligence tools in a centralized data warehouse environment.
- 7+ years hands-on experience working with SQL.
- 5+ years experience with data modeling concepts and techniques.
- Experience working with Cognos v.8.4 or higher or similar BI tool. Query Studio, Reports Studio, Analysis Studio, a plus.
- Experience working with Teradata Data Warehouse or other RDMS, a plus.
- Well versed in data management concepts, data lifecycle and methodologies.
- Must be willing to become certified in Data Management.
- Must exhibit strong thought leadership.
- Skillful at applying business and technical skills to drive innovation and performance improvement.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, leveraging both logic and creativity.
- Excellent written and oral communication, as well as, good organizational and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated facilitation and meeting management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the unique needs of the customer and translate to actionable results while delivering high quality outcomes.
- Ability to influence and motivate individuals and teams to drive mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships within and between individuals and cross-functional teams.
- Must enjoy working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment as well as autonomously.
- High achievement orientation with a willingness to learn.
- Possess a solid overall understanding of technology concepts, trends, and capabilities.
- Exhibit a strong desire to understand the organization, its industry, and its strategies.
- Working knowledge of project management principles, a plus.
- Must exhibit strong customer service orientation.
- Minimal travel as needed.
- Must be willing to be on-call as needed.
Lead Gen Consultings
TechnologyView all jobs at Lead Gen Consultings