Machine Operator - 1st Shift
- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
We have a career opportunity for an experienced Machine Operator to join the LeachGarner team on 1st Shift. As a Machine Operator you must be able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. You will have the opportunity to prepare and complete work on materials by welding, cutting, grinding and cleaning metal. The goal will be to ensure that production procedures are carried out safely and smoothly.
- Weld and assemble metal pieces and products using handheld welding equipment
- Visually inspect and correct as needed to meet product specs
- Use hand tools, clamps, jigs and fixtures
- Inspect and maintain equipment
- Set up machines to start a production cycle, control and adjust machine settings
- Maintain activity logs
- Train and work in various areas and machines as needed
Hours: Monday - Thursday from 5:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
This is a full-time direct hire role.
- 2-3 years machine operator experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Welding experience a plus
- Ability to read, understand and speak English
- Mechanically inclined
- Attention to detail
- Good math skills
- Excellent and consistent attendance
- Good visual acuity for quality inspections and defect detection
- Ability to lift 15-20 pounds multiple times throughout shift
- Able to stand and walk the majority of the shift
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Manual dexterity
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g., constant use of protective equipment gear)
Work Environment: The position is in a manufacturing environment, where noise is loud and typical of heavy machinery.
What we offer:
- 10 paid holidays a year
- 10 days paid vacation to start
- Paid personal days
- 5 paid sick days per year
- 401(k) Plan with a company match
- Medical and dental insurance
- Vision insurance and prescription drug coverage
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company paid life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability plans
- Corporate discount program
LeachGarner offers the industry's most comprehensive melt to market precious metal products and technical expertise. As a leader in precious metals processing, LeachGarner continually evolves to meet the challenges of evergreen markets and strives to exceed expectations for reliability, quality and innovation by an unwavering commitment of integrity.
LeachGarner specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of precious metals in the form of sheet, wire, fancy wire, tubing, fancy tubing, casting grain, findings and chain specific to customer's needs.
We are committed to bringing responsible and compliant manufacturing to all facilities regardless of geographical location while leveraging our global reach to serve our customers providing quick-to-market and market-oriented products.
LeachGarner is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment at LeachGarner is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence.
LeachGarner does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
It is LeachGarner's policy to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.
ManufacturingView all jobs at LeachGarner, Inc.
Get fresh Machine Operators jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.