Intern, Mechanical Engineer
Leach International Corporation
Leach International Corporation, a leading supplier of aerospace and defense power switching components and power distribution subsystems has an immediate opening for a Level 1 (entry level) Engineering Intern.
Company Name: Leach International Corporation
Industry: Electronics (Aerospace/Military Products)
Number of Employees: 300
Title: Intern, Mechanical Engineer
Job Family: Engineering Services
Reports to: Manager, Electro Mechanical Engineering
Works with: internal and external customers
Location: Buena Park, California
The Engineering Intern is responsible for general support of design, development and manufacturing of the power distribution subsystem.
- Provide support to internal project engineers by assisting with project administrative duties.
- Assist with preparation of design review presentations with MS PowerPoint
- Attend review meetings, keep minutes, and record action item tracking worksheets
- Assist with developing and managing bills of materials by working with internal Supply Chain team
- Assist with authoring and updated specifications, and engineering change documentation, or other project data items in MS Office suite
- Support mechanical design (will be exposed to some design work)
- Support prototyping, production, and other hardware build activities
- Perform or support design verification and checkout activities
- Aid in failure analysis, also performing manufacturing/test dry runs
- Must be enrolled or recently graduated from a four year university, pursuing a BS in mechanical, or aerospace engineering
· To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Advanced level of Excel and Word skills are required
- PowerPoint experience required
- Must have excellent written and verbal English communication skills to support engineering change documentation, updating customer specifications and other functions and detail oriented.
- A creativity and innovative mind
- MS Project skills
- Knowledge of design, simulation, and analysis tools
- Experience with mechanical CAD
- Course work in simulation
Demonstrated ability in the Leach International Corporation competencies for employees new in their role: As an individual contributor you will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies: Customer Focus, Listening, Problem Solving, Action Oriented, Composure, Functional/Technical Skills, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust and will need to Value Diversity.
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Leach International Corporation operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Vet.