Groundman - Plains, Texas
Lea County Electric Cooperative Plains, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
LEA COUNTY ELECTRIC POSITION DESCRIPTION
Department: Operations & Planning
Section: Line Operations
Reports to: Line Foreman or assigned Journeyman
Supervises/Directs: Varies by level
FLSA status: Non-exempt
The objective of this position is to function as a groundman in the construction, operation and maintenance of Cooperative’s electrical system including all lines and equipment used in the transmission and distribution systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- To perform meter reading in conjunction with connects, disconnects as directed.
- Begin learning to interpret staking sheets assist with building construction jobs as directed.
- Communicate to System Operators system conditions and take appropriate directed actions during scheduled outages and emergencies.
- Knowledgeable in the safe operation of the system including patrolling lines, inspecting poles, switching, basic troubleshooting and correction of problems.
- To extend normal courtesies and present a good impression of the cooperative and its employees to the members and general public.
- Assist with the safe installation, change, transfer, move and removal of any and all forms of electrical equipment, material and accessories utilized in the construction, maintenance, and operation of all overhead and underground electric circuits and substations.
- Perform the duties of equipment operator when necessary and at the appropriate level.
- Must perform all work in a safe manner and comply with all applicable safety rules, regulations and procedures.
- Assist qualified personnel, from ground level, who are working on energized circuits and in substations of all voltages using appropriate protective equipment and devices.
- Responsible for all vehicles, tools and equipment assigned to the position. Must have a CDL Class A within six months of hire. LCEC will pay for your schooling to get your CDL Class A.
- Must be familiar with and capable of operating all types of equipment associated with the work being performed at the appropriate position level.
- Assist qualified personnel with tree trimming and removal of line detriments as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
LEA COUNTY ELECTRIC POSITION SPECIFICATIONS
GROUNDMAN APPRENTICE PROGRAM
High school or equivalent required. Completion of courses in technical subjects relating to the position is required.
No previous experience is necessary for the entry level Groundman-C position although previous electrical systems knowledge or experience is desired. Groundman positions B and A require each subsequent job description skills and abilities as the necessary experience. A CDL must be obtained prior to admittance into the Merchants Program.
The majority of this position is performed outdoors, both day and night, in varying weather conditions. The employee shall be subject to both scheduled and unscheduled, callout in the event of an outage or emergency. Must be available for 20 minute response time or as designated reasonable by management. Regular duties performed on energized high voltage electrical lines, in energized stations, or near energized equipment. Exposure to hazardous or toxic material may occur. (Protective equipment and appropriate training will be provided by the cooperative.) Frequently work independently without direct supervision. Occasional overnight travel may be required. Employee must be able to perform the strenuous physical requirements of the positions and must work non-scheduled overtime during emergencies. CDL Class A required. Safety sensitive position.
Powered by JazzHR