Overall general responsibility for the leadership and success of assigned company projects and their implementation. Specific responsibility for new customer set up and implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for all aspects of project leadership, management and implementation.
- Develop and maintain the Project Plan / Implementation Plan to include definition of project scope, tasks, task owners, and task timelines.
- Identify Project Team members, coordinate periodic project meeting times, and facilitate Project Team meetings
- Act as liaison between various members of the LeSaint Project Team and the client.
- Be responsible for the "implementation" section of new business proposals and will present the Project Plan / Implementation Plan to customer.
- Clearly define client service level and reporting requirements, as well as client business model.
- Travel to new client locations to gather data and to understand existing business processes, work flows, and product characteristics, key contacts, communication channels and infrastructure, shipping modes, etc.
- Assist in the process, architectural, and organizational design in support of project implementation. Analyze workforce utilization, facility layout, account data and process flowcharts to determine efficient utilization of labor and equipment.
- Monitors project spending against budgeted targets.
- Coordinate activities of vendors used to support implementation tasks.
- Work with and assist operations executive in the standardization of facility operational practices and infrastructure throughout company.
- Obtain detailed new client operating profile, create data base, and evaluate operational profiles. Work with and support Industrial Engineer in creation of pricing model.
- Ensure that operational SOP's are developed, trained, and in place for each client-required function prior to implementation.
- Leads current and new client WMS integration efforts, identifies means to further optimize the WMS, promotes the continued increased company utilization of WMS functionality to achieve greater synergies and process efficiency.
- Work with IT to develop and maintain a user and total process testing methodology to verify and validate completed implementation tasks.
- Serve as company Training Manager for system and process related training, create Training Plan SOP, ensure employee training records are maintained, coordinate training activities, and train necessary processes and systems prior to implementation so as to ensure a smooth implementation and subsequent operational hand-off.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree. Minimum 6 years logistics operations management experience. Demonstrated successful experience managing and implementing large-scale projects and to work autonomously to meet project goals. Intermediate to Expert level skills and experience using various Windows applications, with special emphasis on Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Access. Solid skills in graphical applications such as Microsoft Visio.LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents, including client contracts and vendor agreements. Ability to communicate effectively as facilitator at meetings where multi-functional discussions take place. Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, as well as vendors. Ability to effectively organize and present information to management. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the workforce. Experience working directly with customers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Demonstrated data analysis skills.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Project Management Certificate would be a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Willing to travel extensively, if necessary. Travel up to 30%-50% of time. May be required to balance and manage 1-3 projects at the same time. Must have initiative and discipline necessary to work in unstructured, rapidly changing environment. Attention to detail oriented.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro