CARLSBAD PREMIUM OUTLETS
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Assistant Manager supports the Store Manager in creating and managing a team of customer service and product knowledge experts who are committed to building and sustaining long-term relationships with our clients by providing an environment that promotes a joyful Brand experience. They assist the Store Manager in the overall operation and performance of the store, which includes sales, merchandising, operations, staff selection and supervision, employee development, loss prevention and expense control. The Assistant Manager is accountable for driving sales and profitability while supervising associates and managing store operations. Our Assistant Managers must adhere to all company guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable state and federal laws to ensure efficient daily operations. They establish high standards of performance and act as a role model in exhibiting those standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Exemplify our Core Values and support our Operating Principles.
• Monitor associate sales activities and productivity; acknowledge and communicate performance to associates; motivate and train associates to achieve full potential.
• Utilize Friedman Performance tools to drive selling behaviors; interprets Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reports and delivers coaching as needed.
• Assist Store Manager to prioritize, plan and adjust schedules to meet business goals/current trends.
• Work with Store Manager to attract, develop and retain the finest people to build a talent pipeline to achieve current and future business goals.
• Train and motivate all associates through on-going programs in sales, customer service, product knowledge and POS.
• Work with Store Manager to develop management team to assume increased levels of responsibility.
• Provide feedback to Store Manager for employee performance appraisals.
• Ensure team delivers an joyful customer experience in the store to achieve Brand standards; responds to customer inquiries and complaints in a professional and timely manner.
• Promote Brand within community through local marketing strategies.
• Establish and maintain a safe work environment and ensure ongoing safety training and awareness.
• Ensure store standards are met and maintained, i.e., demos, visuals, cleanliness, signage, safety, etc.
• Facilitate an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect.
• Be good stewards of resources and protect Company assets in all actions.
• Ability to substitute for the Store Manager when he/she is unavailable.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Store Manager.
• Minimum 2 years supervisory experience in specialty retail management or hospitality management.
• Proven excellent customer service skills with statistical track record in all areas of sales.
• Proven ability to allocate time to execute multiple tasks and changing priorities.
• Effective communication, organization and leadership skills.
• Proven ability to motivate and influence others through personal actions and examples.
• Proven ability to achieve results both independently and through others by fostering a spirit of teamwork, empowerment and collaboration.
• Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
• Availability to work two closing shifts per week; minimum of three Saturdays and two Sundays per month; annual inventory; key promotional periods, including the holiday season (November and December).
• Flexibility to work in various roles based on business needs.
• Ability to lift and mobilize items, up to 50lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
EDUCATION: College degree preferred or equivalent job experience.
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
This position description is intended to relay the general nature of work being performed in this role. It is not meant to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties and is subject to change based on business needs.